PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Bag Color

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Would having a dominantly black bag on a hot and sunny day matter at all? I was imagining a situation where if I had that, it would become really hot on the outside and in.

I'm trying to decide between two bags. For those who have either of these, could you guys tell me if they are of good quality and maybe compare the quality between them? Thanks

Babolat Pro Team 6 Pack:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGBAB-BPP4.html

OR

Wilson Tour 5 Red 6 Pack Thermoguarg:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGWILSON-TOUR5R6TH.html

MTChong
05-29-2006, 10:11 AM
On a hot and sunny day, it's going to heat up regardless... And either way, it'll probably be sufficiently hot enough to affect both bags the same way if that's the case.

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 10:27 AM
On a hot and sunny day, it's going to heat up regardless... And either way, it'll probably be sufficiently hot enough to affect both bags the same way if that's the case.
But one more so than the other?

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 10:47 AM
What about the quality of each?

tonysk83
05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
I have a babolat pro team 12 and love it. Quality is great. They both have thermal compartments so you don't need to worry about the heat.

snoflewis
05-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a babolat pro team 12 and love it. Quality is great. They both have thermal compartments so you don't need to worry about the heat.

the 12 pack may have thermal, but the 6 packs don't have thermal protection.

if you're worried about your rackets getting overheated, i'd suggest you go w/ the wilson or make sure that your bag is always in the shade or some place cool. also, i've seen several faded red wilson bags...and they don't look very nice to say the least.

if you're worried about your rackets...just make sure htat your bag is always cool because thermoguard or not, the bag will still heat up.

LowProfile
05-29-2006, 12:02 PM
White bags look great new, but they get very dirty and brownish quickly and the larger ones are very difficult to clean.

Anyways, when you get a pack you always want to have the thermal protections compartments. So go either with the Wilson Tour Thermoguard or the Babolat ones with thermal guard (i.e. AeroPro).

roddick_rulz
05-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Wilson makes the best bags....period

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Wilson makes the best bags....period
In terms of quality, durability, utility, or just plain overall?

Court_Jester
05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
As snoflewis suggested, I too put my black Adidas Tour 6-pack in a shady area like under a bench. I also keep the bag open to allow the air to circulate and prevent it from overheating. In addition, I drape my bag with my white towel if there are no shady areas to be found.

snoflewis
05-29-2006, 01:35 PM
As snoflewis suggested, I too put my black Adidas Tour 6-pack in a shady area like under a bench. I also keep the bag open to allow the air to circulate and prevent it from overheating. In addition, I drape my bag with my white towel if there are no shady areas to be found.

yeah..i have a tour 4 super 6-pack and i try not to leave it in the sun. even though it has thermoguard, i dont like the fact that my bag is getting heated because i dont want my water or my rackets warm.

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I currently have a head flexpoint bag, and it was that climate control technology (CCT) and it works pretty well as far as water. After over 1 hour on the courts and the drink is still cool :) Do the Wilson's have the same effect?

brucie
05-29-2006, 01:40 PM
White bags look great new, but they get very dirty and brownish quickly and the larger ones are very difficult to clean.

Anyways, when you get a pack you always want to have the thermal protections compartments. So go either with the Wilson Tour Thermoguard or the Babolat ones with thermal guard (i.e. AeroPro).
Yes white is coolest even when filthy as it gives the couldnt care impression! :p

Sixpointone
05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
As an unscientific cooling tip, I often drape my towel over the outside of the Bag while I am playing.