PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous floater of FO 2006 ?

fastdunn
05-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, it surely looks like no one can really challenge Federer-Nadal
finals but who could be the dangerous floaters this FO ?
I mean some guys who can spoil this whole rivarly things ?

Let's see the Nadal's half
There's Ivo Kalovic if he reaches R-16 and serves out of his
mind..

Of course, there's Almagro and Blake. Hrbaty is always dangerous.
Also Stepanek because of S&V style

How about Federer's half.
I don't see any one in his quarter maybe except Ancic?
Gasquet is very dangerous of course if he advances further to meet Federer.
Moya is after all FO champion.

I somehow think Gaudio can be dangerous but he has to reach semi-final to meet #1 seed.

chess9
05-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Blake has been Nadal's nemesis. Nadal didn't play his best tennis today, so anything is possible....His performance against Soderling, despite the wind, may put some wind in the sails of his upcoming potential opponents. :)

-Robert

Andres
05-29-2006, 10:32 AM
How about Federer's half.
I don't see any one in his quarter maybe except Ancic?
Gasquet is very dangerous of course if he advances further to meet Federer.
Moya is after all FO champion.
I somehow think Gaudio can be dangerous but he has to reach semi-final to meet #1 seed.
What about Nalbandian? ;)

Down_the_line
05-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I could definately see Robredo putting a crimp in a top seed's day. I'm not sure where he sits in terms of the draw. Federer's half or Nadal's half?

Andres
05-29-2006, 10:33 AM
I could definately see Robredo putting a crimp in a top seed's day. I'm not sure where he sits in terms of the draw. Federer's half or Nadal's half?
Federer's... but he has to beat Acasuso first :D

BabolatFan
05-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, Nadal didn't play and win convincingly earlier today. Federer also had a sketchy start. Let's see if their momentum rolls on in the next round. Rightnow, it's anyone's game. I woundn't be surprised if Nadal gets ousted before the semi's...

LowProfile
05-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Definitely Almagro. He is the definition of a dangerous floater, especially on clay. Acasuso is a threat as well, but he'll be tired after that marathon against Santoro. I just don't seem Blake getting very far in this tournament, especially when his next round opponent is Nicolas Almagro.

slice bh compliment
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
.... I woundn't be surprised if Nadal gets ousted before the semi's...

Man, you just went out on a serious limb there.
Drinks on us if you're right.

BTW, I think it's funny that a guy called babolatfan uses a tournagripped Dunlop strung with luxilon. Maybe it's just your shoes.

BabolatFan
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Man, you just went out on a serious limb there.
Drinks on us if you're right.

BTW, I think it's funny that a guy called babolatfan uses a tournagripped Dunlop strung with luxilon. Maybe it's just your shoes.

Ah drinks. I might take u up on the offer there mate. Oh yeah babolat shoes and a dampener.