PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Pick A Racquet Bag

Custom+Hybrid
05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm looking for one that can hold maybe around 3 racquets and will be big enough to hold a LOT of gear.

I want to use it for my judo tournaments too (Judo is like wrestling but with uniforms). I want to fit my uniform in it if I have too (its made of very dense cotton, probably about 15 inches across and 7 inches thick.)

Any suggestions?

PS Dont want to spend a lot of money, preferably around $45

Head_Rocketman
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
I'd say most 12 racquet bags, they're priced around there. You'll see "Super-combi" or "Super 6" if you look at Head or Wilson. Head, Wilson, Babolat all have 12 pack bags.

MPC37
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I use a super 6 pack from wilson, plenty of room in my opinion

Roffey
05-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Barricade bag has loads of room. Very sleek styling too.

andyroddick's mojo
05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
you should get a bag thats the same brand as your rackets. from there look for a super 6 or a 12

equinox
05-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Just buy those huge wilson bags. There's plenty of room.
If you're not sponsored, don't worry about having the same brand bag and racket.

progman_2000
05-31-2006, 05:41 AM
The sports authorities near me heavily discounted the Nike Super six bag - loads of room in that thing and a lifetime warranty to boot. I like the fact it is a non-racquet manufacturer bag also. I agree that matching bag brand to racquet brand is bogus unless you are sponsered.

chex
05-31-2006, 09:16 AM
adidas barricade tour 6
head tour team 06' combi
wilson tour 5 red super 6

wilson bags are somewhat better, but you could choose one to match your racquet.. quality pretty much goes accordingly to the price... except the barricade, which I've never actually tried or seen...

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
adidas barricade tour 6
head tour team 06' combi
wilson tour 5 red super 6

wilson bags are somewhat better, but you could choose one to match your racquet.. quality pretty much goes accordingly to the price... except the barricade, which I've never actually tried or seen...
What do you mean by Wilson bags are somewhat better?

chex
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
well.. I mean that I think the wilson bags are better quality than the head ones... of course.. they're like 5-10 dollars more expensive...

metsjets
05-31-2006, 05:53 PM
i got the newest red sick pack. one pocket holds my rackets and gatorade, and the other holds clothes, balls, shoes...if you normally put at least 3 pairs of clothes then the get super six.

woody6.1
06-01-2006, 06:24 AM
it'd be nice to go with one that matches your racket, but not entirely necessary i s uppose go for a 6 pack unless you'll be bring new rackets prewrapped in plastic, then go bigger

simi
06-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I purchased this Tennis Warehouse bag last year and am very happy with it.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBG-TW9BL.html

I get a small bit of teasing from fellow club members, but the bag is well made, durable, and with the shoulder straps, easy to lug around. And, only $25 bucks. That's quite a deal! I carry my rackets in the two outer pockets and stuff the center pocket with all of my extra gear (towels, rule book, warm-up balls, a can of new balls, hats, wrist bands, head tape, overgrip, etc.). Plenty big enough.