PDA

View Full Version : What would score be if Federer and Nadal played on grass this year?

federerhoogenbandfan
05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I predict it would be a score of 6-3, 6-0, 6-2 for Federer.

edberg505
05-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Bagels and breadsticks.

brucie
05-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Well I assume it would be over in 3 sets!

Nadal does want this match to come about though working on his slice and his volleys, so maybe we will see the new chip and charge nadal!

Alexandros
05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
These threads are stupid. Very stupid.

The Pusher Terminator
05-30-2006, 02:31 PM
since Nadal dominates Fed on clay and hard courts I guess you guys need something. But just remember....no one really plays on grass. Its an idiotic and outdated surface. Real tennis is either played on clay or hard courts...when is the last time you played on grass?

ACE of Hearts
05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Terminator, Wimbledon is still the biggest jewl of the grand slams.Even Nadal has huge fantasies about winning it.:lol:

Simon Cowell
05-30-2006, 03:17 PM
On grass at Wimbledon? Nadal d. Federer 7-6 (8-6) 6-3 4-6 6-1

wyutani
05-30-2006, 03:21 PM

:shock: nah. not yet. maybe 5 years from now.

BabolatFan
05-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I predict it would be a score of 6-3, 6-0, 6-2 for Federer.

Ok I don't completely agree with your scoreboard...my speculation would be...um...6-0, 6-4, 6-2

Viper
05-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Federer d. Nadal 6-7, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4

I imagine that Nadal gives a huge scare in the first set because the 2 never played before, and then the Fedexpress figures him out near the end of the second, making it easy sailing after that.

The Pusher Terminator
05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Terminator, Wimbledon is still the biggest jewl of the grand slams.Even Nadal has huge fantasies about winning it.:lol:

Thats true...but in reality it is an outdated useless surface. Again, when is the last time you played on grass?

Count Grishnackh
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM

Yeah exactly, Nadal's shots would skid even faster on the grass.

FEDEXP
05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Dream on, Nadal will not be in the Final at Wimbledon....

Vlad
05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Fed would win in 3 tight sets such as 6-4, 7-6, 7-5

ACE of Hearts
05-30-2006, 07:32 PM
This is nuts, Roger's backhand would be feasting all day on Nadal, remember the ball gets lower on grass.

Fedexeon
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Thats true...but in reality it is an outdated useless surface. Again, when is the last time you played on grass?

You know nothing about tennis. Outdated? Then why they are still playing on it?

Polaris
05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
These threads are stupid. Very stupid.
Agreed. I'm going to change my bookmark to the racquet forum and try not to spend time in the Pro Player forum until some of these ridiculous Federer/Nadal threads have gone away. It seems like the posters with the most ill-considered and polarizing posts on the Pro Player forum don't go to the racket forum that much. Might have something to do with their tennis acumen ;).

HollerOne5
05-30-2006, 09:25 PM
You know nothing about tennis. Outdated? Then why they are still playing on it?

It is outdated, ask anyone on the tour and they will agree. It will never be changed because Wimbledon is the ultimate tradition. They refuse to change anything, like prize money, dress code, sunday "rest" day, etc etc and all the snotty bowing before the British royalty, give me a freaking break. I think Wimbledon needs to join the times. If Wimbledon changed their surface, I guarantee the lead-up tournaments on grass would be changed as well. Their only purpose is to give players a feel before going into the Championships.

As for this match, there is no doubt that Federer would probably win, but I think just because of the history of the rivarly already, and Nadal's mental toughness, it would be a close 3 or 4 sets.

superman1
05-30-2006, 10:32 PM
How is it outdated? Federer and Roddick consider it their best surface. A lot of guys love the grass. Even those who can't play on grass have respect for it, given that it was the standard for decades.

HollerOne5
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
How is it outdated? Federer and Roddick consider it their best surface. A lot of guys love the grass. Even those who can't play on grass have respect for it, given that it was the standard for decades.

Sorry dude, it is outdated.

superman1
05-31-2006, 12:44 AM
Oookay...so soft, fast grass is much more outdated to play on then crushed, wet brick that stains your shoes red.

Melissa
05-31-2006, 03:20 AM
Agreed. I'm going to change my bookmark to the racquet forum and try not to spend time in the Pro Player forum until some of these ridiculous Federer/Nadal threads have gone away. It seems like the posters with the most ill-considered and polarizing posts on the Pro Player forum don't go to the racket forum that much. Might have something to do with their tennis acumen ;).

Thanks Polaris--Now all these young boys will show up in the raquets section.
Duhhh.

jamumafa
05-31-2006, 03:45 AM
. Again, when is the last time you played on grass?

Yesterday - but I live in England

Buuurnz
05-31-2006, 03:53 AM
Fed in three....6:4 6:3 6:2

Grimjack
05-31-2006, 06:02 AM
Oookay...so soft, fast grass is much more outdated to play on then crushed, wet brick that stains your shoes red.

The brick isn't outdated. Just pitiful.

Remember: three quarters of the world is too poor to pave their tennis courts, so they have to play in dirt. It's the third-world surface. I'm told they sell drugs to pay for racquets in places like Uganda, Brazil, and Spain.

Anyway, the point is we should pity them and politely applaud their clay-court successes, sort of like we applaud at the end of a blowout high-school basketball game, when the coach brings the fat kid off the bench and he plays his porky little heart out trying to get just one basket. The third-world claycourters are like the fat kids of the ATP. We pretend they matter long enough to keep their parents from feeling bad, but when the real game starts, we know they'll be back on the bench, and we won't have to worry about their under-developed games, barbaric languages, and aversions to personal hygiene.

Arafel
05-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Sorry dude, it is outdated.

Consider me a fan of outdated. I'm actually looking at national tournaments to play in just because I want to play on grass; the closest grass courts to where I am are in St. Louis and Texas.

malakas
05-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Actually in a recent interview Nadal said that in 3 years he will be ready to try and give a shot to actually winning Wimbledon.

But I don't know if he will be able even then.

federerhoogenbandfan
05-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah exactly, Nadal's shots would skid even faster on the grass.

Actually they wouldnt skid since they arent flat and low, it is Fed's shots that would skid lower and flatter. Nadal's heavy topspin shots just would not be as heavy and instead would land right in the strike zone for a big hitter.

bennieboi
05-31-2006, 11:40 AM
some of yall are really ridiculous.... nadal already probably has a hard time playing against fed on clay, do you know how close their last match was? fed had 2 m.p., and we're talking about grass... fed is probably unstoppable on it, only person to take 1 set off of fed last year was kiefer. nadal would get creamed if they ever played on grass. maybe about 6-3, 6-4, 6-2, but who knows? federer has a better chance of taking nadal on clay then nadal going against fed on grass.

fjgarciap
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
The first match between them, Fed would take it 7-5, 6-4, 6-2. If they were to play frequently on the surface, which is quite difficult given the rare events on grass nowadays, Nadal would definetly improve enough as to take a couple of sets and even defeat the swiss.

fastdunn
05-31-2006, 12:58 PM
The match between lefty and a righty tends to become a see-saw
match. Nadal comes out as a winner simply because he wins a few
more critical points.

Will we get to see another great see-saw matches between lefty
and righty at Wimbledon like McEnroe and Borg ?

I certainly hope so..

d_frank
05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
since Nadal dominates Fed on clay and hard courts I guess you guys need something. But just remember....no one really plays on grass. Its an idiotic and outdated surface. Real tennis is either played on clay or hard courts...when is the last time you played on grass?
Dominates is a big word for a few points :)

fastdunn
06-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Actually they wouldnt skid since they arent flat and low, it is Fed's shots that would skid lower and flatter. Nadal's heavy topspin shots just would not be as heavy and instead would land right in the strike zone for a big hitter.

You're right about Fed's shot would be flatter than Nadal's.

But Fed himself is not really a flat hitter. He himself hits very spinny balls.
His success on clay is not suprising.

By the way, I just found out Nadal already reached 3rd round
at the age of 17, beating Ancic, in his debut in Wimbledon...

federerhoogenbandfan
06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
more critical points.

I certainly hope so..

If you really think Nadal-Federer at Wimbledon will ever be the equivalent of Borg-McEnroe(heheehe) maybe you did not see Nadal play on grass as last years Wimbledon. :p

Moose Malloy
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Remember: three quarters of the world is too poor to pave their tennis courts, so they have to play in dirt. It's the third-world surface. I'm told they sell drugs to pay for racquets in places like Uganda, Brazil, and Spain.

Anyway, the point is we should pity them and politely applaud their clay-court successes, sort of like we applaud at the end of a blowout high-school basketball game, when the coach brings the fat kid off the bench and he plays his porky little heart out trying to get just one basket. The third-world claycourters are like the fat kids of the ATP. We pretend they matter long enough to keep their parents from feeling bad, but when the real game starts, we know they'll be back on the bench, and we won't have to worry about their under-developed games, barbaric languages, and aversions to personal hygiene.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-09-2006, 11:47 PM
more critical points.

I certainly hope so..

Out of curiosity what did you mean by this particular statement and how does it relate to this thread. Thanks.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-09-2006, 11:48 PM
some of yall are really ridiculous.... nadal already probably has a hard time playing against fed on clay, do you know how close their last match was? fed had 2 m.p., and we're talking about grass... fed is probably unstoppable on it, only person to take 1 set off of fed last year was kiefer. nadal would get creamed if they ever played on grass. maybe about 6-3, 6-4, 6-2, but who knows? federer has a better chance of taking nadal on clay then nadal going against fed on grass.

We will find that out tommorow I guess. :p

federerhoogenbandfan
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Actually in a recent interview Nadal said that in 3 years he will be ready to try and give a shot to actually winning Wimbledon.

But I don't know if he will be able even then.

It is good to be optimistic, even if unrealistic. There is a saying isnt there, "to reach the stars, you must shoot for the moon." :cool: