PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Return Rejected by Nike??

snoflewis
05-30-2006, 03:39 PM
i had a pair of Air Max Resolve Plus shoes that i wore out within 4 months. i sent it in 2 weeks before the warranty was over, and today it came saying that the package itself was rejected. the tape was not broken from the box. last time i sent in my BFIIs, i sent it in the same box (i had several floating around). i called nike claim assistance, but it's automated so it's not really helpful since it just hangs up on me.

has this happened to anyone else and what have you done?

i cant send it to TW since i didnt buy it from them... any ideas?

BreakPoint
05-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I wonder if Nike is no longer accepting warranty returns on the Air Max Resolve Plus because it's a discontinued shoe? If so, that would be crappy of them since they did promise a 6-month warranty (with the card inside the box) when you bought the shoe. And, of course, you bought the shoe thinking there was a 6-month warranty, which may have been the primary factor in your decision to buy the shoe in the first place.

El Diablo
05-30-2006, 03:58 PM
How many hours a week did you play in them?

RichCa
05-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Same thing happened to me a yr ago with resolves. I did everything that was said to do over the phone and package was returned to me unopened and marked returned to sender.

Rich

snoflewis
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Same thing happened to me a yr ago with resolves. I did everything that was said to do over the phone and package was returned to me unopened and marked returned to sender.

Rich

were you able to get a hold of them? every number i call them by is automated... any ideas?

snoflewis
05-30-2006, 07:01 PM
How many hours a week did you play in them?

honestly...i have no clue. but they do in fact last longer than the BFIIs since they have a harder outsole, those court armor plates that extend into the midsole, and a thicker midsole than the BFIIs.

snoflewis
05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
I wonder if Nike is no longer accepting warranty returns on the Air Max Resolve Plus because it's a discontinued shoe? If so, that would be crappy of them since they did promise a 6-month warranty (with the card inside the box) when you bought the shoe. And, of course, you bought the shoe thinking there was a 6-month warranty, which may have been the primary factor in your decision to buy the shoe in the first place.

hmm...didnt they just release a new colorway for the resolve plus?

d70
06-01-2006, 06:31 AM
If the shoes you are sending in are discontinued, they usually give you a niketown.com gift certificate. I sent my resolve in and got a $128 voucher which is valid for 1 year from the month you submitted your claim.

I have personally switched to Adidas Barricade. They are many times better than Nike. They are kinda hard to wear at first but after a week they are like part of your feet.

woody6.1
06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
find a good lawyer and sue em ... ... ... ..

DANMAN
06-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Did you have the RA number printed on the box. They will not accept the return if it is not.

TheRed
06-01-2006, 09:08 PM
The problem with Nike is they'll reject your shoes if the RA # is not on the outside of the box but the directions they give you never say "put RA # on the outside of the package." that happened to me once. I'll never buy Nikes again. their shoes are only average, durability sucks, comfort is below par and service sucks. Basically, their $110 shoes have the quality of another company's $70 shoe.

snoflewis
06-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Did you have the RA number printed on the box. They will not accept the return if it is not.

what's the RA number?

i dont recall writing an RA number on the box for my BFIIs...

and d70...$128 for resolves? are you sure that they were'nt for some vapors or breathes? because i got a $128 voucher for my BFIIs, and resolves aren't anywhere near that price.

Rasta
06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
what's the RA number?

i dont recall writing an RA number on the box for my BFIIs...

and d70...$128 for resolves? are you sure that they were'nt for some vapors or breathes? because i got a $128 voucher for my BFIIs, and resolves aren't anywhere near that price.
RA = Return Authorization. It sounds to me like Nike is trying to discourage returns. But, if their policy is to have the RA number on the box then I guess it's legit.

RichCa
06-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I had the RA number on the box that I sent back printed out very large so they would have been blind not to see it. It's the first time I had this problem. I never did get through to talk to a human, always had to deal with the automated machine which is the other reason I like adidas more.

Rich

snoflewis
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I had the RA number on the box that I sent back printed out very large so they would have been blind not to see it. It's the first time I had this problem. I never did get through to talk to a human, always had to deal with the automated machine which is the other reason I like adidas more.

Rich

well...for me, it's too late since i got the return after the warranty was over. i'll make sure i don't forget to do that for my breathe 3's.

btw, is the RA number the same thing is the claim number?