PDA

View Full Version : Tennis holiday camps for 25-30 year olds.

Jim_Courier's_Fluffy_Hair
05-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Basically looking for a place where people who are really into tennis want to improve and play other people. Sort of like an intense training camp where you get teached by pro's everyday. Do they exist?

Also, they need to be in Europe.

Regards,
Warren.

IluvBoris
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Julian Alonso runs a tennis academy in Spain and also in Hungary. Strictrly clay courts. They recommend 2x2 hr tennis and 1-2 hr conditioning 5 days a week. I am doing it this summer, but only doing it 3 times a week and paying about $80/week - this doesn't include accomodations etc. Also, max 4 adults per coach.

iconoclast
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Julian Alonso runs a tennis academy in Spain and also in Hungary. Strictrly clay courts. They recommend 2x2 hr tennis and 1-2 hr conditioning 5 days a week. I am doing it this summer, but only doing it 3 times a week and paying about $80/week - this doesn't include accomodations etc. Also, max 4 adults per coach.

Where in Spain?

Julian Alonso doesn't sound familiar to me. Was he a tour player or something?

chess9
06-09-2006, 04:47 AM
Yes, an older tour player. Should be about 40 now. As I recall, he had a huge serve. But, at my age I'm lucky to remember I'm on another soccer forum. :)
-Robert

iconoclast
06-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I remember now the guy. I think he and beautiful Martina Hingis had a little story.

So, Iluvboris, where in Spain does he have his academy?

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 02:05 AM
he's 29... not 40!!!!
geez why does no1 check the ATP site before they say something... yes i remember this guy, massive serve..
first spaniard i remember who had a huge serve..
so what happened to this guy?

IluvBoris
06-11-2006, 08:26 AM
(sorry about the delay, i've been gone for a few days...)

TENNIS ACADEMY JULIAN ALONSO VILLARROYA, S.L.
VIA EUROPA, 169 1-2.
08303 MATARO ( BARCELONA)

I don't have a website for them. However, this is the site for his Hungarian academy, they could link you over. The site is in English, just email them and you'll get the info.

[URL="http://www.alonso-hajnal.com"]

good luck

iconoclast
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
he's 29... not 40!!!!
geez why does no1 check the ATP site before they say something... yes i remember this guy, massive serve..
first spaniard i remember who had a huge serve..
so what happened to this guy?

I don't exactly know. Apparently, he and Martina Hingis began seeing each other, and he probably took it a bit too seriously. Before he knew he was not totally focused on his career--kind of a french movie script? Now he's got a tennis Academy in Spain. Iluvboris is going there this summer.

Thanks Iluvboris for the address. I may have to go to Spain next year so it's good to know.