PDA

View Full Version : Ancic & Capdeville to finish it in the locker room

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 10:14 AM
so, does anyone know what cheesed off Capdeville at the end of the match that they got into a fight with Ancic??
I only saw a little clip, but they were ready to kill each other. I wonder if they'll be fined... I presume so.

grizzly4life
05-31-2006, 10:17 AM
so, does anyone know what cheesed off Capdeville at the end of the match that they got into a fight with Ancic??
I only saw a little clip, but they were ready to kill each other. I wonder if they'll be fined... I presume so.

yeah, i couldn't figure out what he was upset about either... did he think the ball bounced twice on ancic's side?

malakas
05-31-2006, 10:26 AM
How did they fight?They yelled at each other or something like this??

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 10:26 AM
on ESPN they said something about Ancic considering the point over before they called it... I don't know... it's just bizarre to see this kinda reaction.. Capdeville is a pretty quiet kid. and Ancic doesn't seem the fight-picker-upper type.

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 10:28 AM
they yelled and push each other around a bit, and then Ancic broke a racket on the chair , and they kept on saying stuff....

grizzly4life
05-31-2006, 10:28 AM

no, there was pretty decent physical contact until the umpire stepped in... no punches or anything, but i think that was only a second or two away.

malakas
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh..has fighting happened before in many matches in the past?
I mean,with physical contact.

siber222000
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
espn said capdeville thought taht shot wasn't count as a point or something like that, but chair said it does then when mario was about to shake his hand or something, he got ****ed and shoved him. gotta admit that was quite fire right there haha

mileslong
05-31-2006, 11:22 AM
they yelled and push each other around a bit, and then Ancic broke a racket on the chair , and they kept on saying stuff....
sounds like a typical tennis player fight to me, a bunch of yelling and no punches, one of the ballgirls was probably holding ancic back...

framebreaker
05-31-2006, 11:30 AM
ancic hit a drop shot and was very certain that capdeville wouldn't get it. so he walked away before the point was officially over and shaked the umpires hand.
capdeville considered this disrespectful and got mad. ancic should have waited and walked to the net to shake hands. not nice either.

siber222000
05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
well lets just say both have a bad sportsmanship today

superman1
05-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, sounds like Ancic wasn't quite classy enough, but Capdeville must be a nutcase. And sounds strange to me that Ancic would yell back and break his racquet. Obviously there's something else between those two.

LowProfile
05-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah they just showed something about it. I didn't see Ancic break his racquet though. They just pushed each other around a bit before the umpire stepped in.

Basically what happened was that Capdeville hit a drop shot and Ancic ran to it and got it over and Capdeville couldn't return it (or didn't try, I couldn't tell). This was on match point and Ancic had just won. Capdeville apparently thought that Ancic had hit the ball twice before he got it back. They yelled at each other a little and the umpire broke it up. I did not see Ancic smash his racquet.

znoopie
05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Yep, Capdeville complained to the umpire about the twice-hit which wasn't successful. Then Ancic came to shake hand but Capdeville just got ****ed and kinda shoved him away.. then they started yelling and pushing each other. He did say in the interview that he got mad at the umpire, not Ancic, though. Ancic was like.. I won the match, I don't care. :D

Ancic smashed his racquet on the chair afterwards but it didn't break though.. (which also proves that Yonex has better built than Head?)

Alejandro D
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Violence in tennis courts: It's not related to the Ancic vs. Capdeville incident, but 20 years ago I saw Claudia Casabianca, a good argentine player, getting slapped in her face by his furious father, who, completely out of control, entered the court and hit his daughter in front of a couple thousand people. Just because she wasn't following his coaching.

superman1
05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I hope somebody kicked his ***.

mistapooh
05-31-2006, 12:17 PM
No, it was because of the supposedly double bounce and why the chair never called it. I saw the post match interview on espn, but their english was barely coherent, but it was definately about the bounce and the chair. The early handshaking probably got the shoving started though...

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 12:31 PM
there'a gotta be more than that to this story... some other things must have gone sour during this match

Mr.Federer
05-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Anyone have video of this?

tennissavy
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
For what it is worth, Ancic put his hands on Capdeville first.

I think it would have been appropriate for the chair umpire to put both guys over his lap for a good spanking.

okdude1992
05-31-2006, 01:12 PM
(which also proves that Yonex has better built than Head?)
or that ancic is a wuss and safin isn't...

siber222000
05-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah they just showed something about it. I didn't see Ancic break his racquet though. They just pushed each other around a bit before the umpire stepped in.

Basically what happened was that Capdeville hit a drop shot and Ancic ran to it and got it over and Capdeville couldn't return it (or didn't try, I couldn't tell). This was on match point and Ancic had just won. Capdeville apparently thought that Ancic had hit the ball twice before he got it back. They yelled at each other a little and the umpire broke it up. I did not see Ancic smash his racquet.
after they shoved each other, and umpire broke them up, ancic was about to put his racquet into his bag, but instead he got ****ed and smashed his racquet into the chair

superman1
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
That's pretty loser-ish. "I just won a match, but the other guy pushed me and called me names. I'll show him by cracking one of my own racquets."

Andy Hewitt
05-31-2006, 01:23 PM
SOMEONE GET A VIDEO!!!!!! If the Malisse one is floating around this one should too!

Ronaldo
05-31-2006, 01:54 PM

Just another casual end of a tennis match in Paris???????????????????

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Just another casual end of a tennis match in Paris
dude, I can bring you to court for what you just did... you totally added text to my post :lol:

Ronaldo
05-31-2006, 02:27 PM
dude, I can bring you to court for what you just did... you totally added text to my post :lol:

Huh?

siber222000
05-31-2006, 03:05 PM
That's pretty loser-ish. "I just won a match, but the other guy pushed me and called me names. I'll show him by cracking one of my own racquets."
good point

grizzly4life
05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
it made that ESPN show with kornheiser and the black guy "pardon the interuption".... they liked it. said it would have been better on courts of south chicago.

str33t
05-31-2006, 04:05 PM
video please

Andy Hewitt
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
it made that ESPN show with kornheiser and the black guy "pardon the interuption".... they liked it. said it would have been better on courts of south chicago.
I can say from playing on the courts of south chicago that there aren't any fights and that guy is an idiot who's just tryin to sound cool.

couch
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Maybe they'll start playing tennis in the "octagon". I would definitely pay for that. Tennis and UFC, can't beat that.

grizzly4life
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
I can say from playing on the courts of south chicago that there aren't any fights and that guy is an idiot who's just tryin to sound cool.

it was just a funny, throw-away comment... what's that guy's name BTW???

Jonas
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Trust me....neither one of those guys wanted to fight. Ancic looked scared to death and acted fairly womanly about the whole situation. He should have stood there and discussed it like a man with Capdeville and then if they couldn't resolve the issue, I would invite him to meet me somewhere off of the grounds.

sandiegotennisboy
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
ancic aka karate kid will bust out the taebo on this kid and whoop his arse.

Virtuous
05-31-2006, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bm64hPiZLw

ragnaROK
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
sounds like a typical tennis player fight to me, a bunch of yelling and no punches, one of the ballgirls was probably holding ancic back...

hahahahaha sounds about right lol

Ronaldo
05-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Paulie Coupedeville will show his Argentinian jiu-jitsu training next year

superman1
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the link. That was hilarious. The funniest part is that the umpire looked like he could snap both of those skinny players in two.

Looks to me like they must have a history. And Ancic was the first to strike. The other guy must have said something. I'm guessing that Ancic is the bad guy here, not Capdeville.

jhhachamp
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Haha, I love the post comments by Ancic. He does not want to go too deep into it, doesn't think it is a big deal. The interviewer is just trying to get some dirt and gets absolutely nothing from Ancic. Can anyone explain what Capdeville was saying in his interview? I am not good enough in Spanish to understand it.

Dan007
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bm64hPiZLw

I don't know why, but youtube hasn't been working for me the entire day, today. I visit that site everyday. I can't see what the problem is.:confused:

arosen
05-31-2006, 07:20 PM
I would invite him to meet me somewhere off of the grounds.

Yeah, then you brake your knuckle or metatarsal and you kiss your million dollar career goodbye. That's just stupid.

RiosTheGenius
05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Haha, I love the post comments by Ancic. He does not want to go too deep into it, doesn't think it is a big deal. The interviewer is just trying to get some dirt and gets absolutely nothing from Ancic. Can anyone explain what Capdeville was saying in his interview? I am not good enough in Spanish to understand it.
ok, I'll try to explain this... Capdeville said that he didn't have issues with Ancic, indeed he talks about how hard it was to play him, but, his problem was with the chair empire who in his opinion made several bad calls in favor of Ancic. while there he said he was going to shake hands with ancic when Ancic said "you've been crying the whole match" along with some bad words and a little push. this cheesed Capdeville off and then what we all saw.
I think based on that interview that Capdeville was definitely the bigger man there. and his explanation much more mature than Ancic's

Manda_D
05-31-2006, 07:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!! that was the ****iest fight i think i have ever seen! hahahaha!

J-man
06-01-2006, 03:33 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!! that was the iest fight i think i have ever seen! hahahaha!Hahaha maybe they don't want to their money away;) and I'm being serious

croatian sensation
06-01-2006, 04:45 AM

I suppose after you saw the video you realised Ancic wasn't trying to break his racquet but he just threw it on the bench. If you just wanted to kick someone and were stopped by the umpire or whatever I suppose you would calmly put your racquet in the bag?

I don't have a clue what really happened, who started it...was it Ancic pushing him out of no reason, or Capdeville saying something before that...but surely Ancic did a better job not commenting anything. Unlike Capdeville. We'll never know who's telling the truth, but Ancic could've blaimed Capdeville but he didn't.

It seems highly unlikely that after winning in 3 sets a player would attack his oponent without a reason. Something must've ****ed him off badly.
Although, pushing the umpire wasn't a good idea...he'll get fined for that one I'm sure.

BeeVee
06-01-2006, 05:50 AM
it was just a funny, throw-away comment... what's that guy's name BTW???

Michael Wilbon.

Newberry
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Was there a double bounce? Video is grainy but it sure looks to me like it bounces twice. What does everyone else see?

MagicMT
06-01-2006, 09:55 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AguWHsL16tiA5GQ6eczqtqU4v7YF?slug=ap-frenchopen-fines&prov=ap&type=lgns

they got fined $3,000

CivicLx
06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I like how Ancic gives the umpire a little shove like he wants him to get in there and protect him:mrgreen:

dennis1188
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
No, it was because of the supposedly double bounce and why the chair never called it. I saw the post match interview on espn, but their english was barely coherent, but it was definately about the bounce and the chair. The early handshaking probably got the shoving started though...
Looked more like a ancic hand slap/shove, 'i'm sneaking out-of-here' before the mistake/call gets caught by someone else. Capdeville grabbed the punk as he was trying to sneak out.

jhhachamp
06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
ok, I'll try to explain this... Capdeville said that he didn't have issues with Ancic, indeed he talks about how hard it was to play him, but, his problem was with the chair empire who in his opinion made several bad calls in favor of Ancic. while there he said he was going to shake hands with ancic when Ancic said "you've been crying the whole match" along with some bad words and a little push. this cheesed Capdeville off and then what we all saw.
I think based on that interview that Capdeville was definitely the bigger man there. and his explanation much more mature than Ancic's

Yeah I agree, it appeared from the video that Ancic was the out of line, and the post match interviews seem to confirm that for me. Ancic did not even make any effort to defend himself. I hope Ancic loses next round.

superman1
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Ancic was obviously the bad guy there.

And croation sensation, I didn't even see the clip when I made that post, so I don't know why you're quoting me. From other people's comments, I thought Ancic smashed his racquet into pieces. After seeing the clip I saw that he just threw it into his bag.

Duzza
06-02-2006, 01:10 AM
anyone got a video?

Duzza
06-02-2006, 01:10 AM
whoopsies.....

Manda_D
06-02-2006, 01:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AguWHsL16tiA5GQ6eczqtqU4v7YF?slug=ap-frenchopen-fines&prov=ap&type=lgns

they got fined $3,000

3,000 bucks for that??!!! my gosh! they should have at least got a few punches in there or something. weak i tell ya... its just weak!

croatian sensation
06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah I agree, it appeared from the video that Ancic was the out of line, and the post match interviews seem to confirm that for me. Ancic did not even make any effort to defend himself. I hope Ancic loses next round.

Actually Ancic did comment the match in the interview..but that was in front of Croatian journalists only. He said:

"Never in my life I have seen behaviour like that on the court. From the first point he(Capdeville) was yelling at the linespersons, audience, ball boys. What he was doing on court and after the match is disgraceful."

So apparently that's why when Capdeville wanted to complain Ancic said "Shut up, you've talked enough" or whatever.
It makes sense that Ancic was irritated because of something that was happening during the match. But I didn't see the match. So if anyone saw it can you confirm if Capdeville was really complaining during the whole match?

Btw. Sorry Steve, but he won. In straights ;)

Ivanišević
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Ancic was obviously the bad guy there.

And croation sensation, I didn't even see the clip when I made that post, so I don't know why you're quoting me. From other people's comments, I thought Ancic smashed his racquet into pieces. After seeing the clip I saw that he just threw it into his bag.
why would he be a bad guy?!
what would u do?

raftermania
06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Dedans Miyagi, how come Danielsan didn't execute the crane on Capdeville???

Ripper
06-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Dedans Miyagi, how come Danielsan didn't execute the crane on Capdeville???

Lol, Ancic does look a lot like the Karate Kid!

pound cat
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Brilliant fine system. The 2 players got fined $3000 each (yes, Ancic pushed the umpire, I have it taped) and Safin was fined $10,000 for missing a press conference!!!!!!!!

Where's the logic?

Coverage of this topic also in Match Results along with an article.

framebreaker
06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
i thought he is the karate kid!! thought he just grew up

jhhachamp
06-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Actually Ancic did comment the match in the interview..but that was in front of Croatian journalists only. He said:

"Never in my life I have seen behaviour like that on the court. From the first point he(Capdeville) was yelling at the linespersons, audience, ball boys. What he was doing on court and after the match is disgraceful."

So apparently that's why when Capdeville wanted to complain Ancic said "Shut up, you've talked enough" or whatever.
It makes sense that Ancic was irritated because of something that was happening during the match. But I didn't see the match. So if anyone saw it can you confirm if Capdeville was really complaining during the whole match?

Btw. Sorry Steve, but he won. In straights ;)

I don't know why he didn't say any of this in the interview done in English. It makes it sound like he had reason at least to react as he did. I've never heard of Ancic behaving badly before, so maybe he was just really irritated by the way Capdeville was acting. Either way, he seems to have gotten a pretty good draw, I have never even heard of Capdeville or Montanes, but now he has Robredo and then Fed if he manages to win that, so I don't think we will be seeing too much more of him this tournament.