PDA

View Full Version : *Watching replays of Federer on video:

ferrari_827
05-31-2006, 10:58 AM
I've taped a few Federer finals, and find it fascinating that you actually have to watch a Federer match a *few times* to really see how good shots are and what is going on in terms of strategy.

Yes, there are so many subtleties and different shots that you can't fully appreciate a Federer match the first time around. His touch, strategy, improvisation, movement are really breathtaking to watch. Someone said the same thing about a McEnroe match, you have to watch it a few times to see since you don't remember all the shots.

So Federer fans, go replay a good Federer final match a few times and you'll realize why he is a tennis genius. In contrast, his opponent looks like rather mechanical or like a mindless ball basher after the first time.

I'm going to make a video collection of Federer matches. Sometimes when I'm bored or in a bad mood, just watching Federer puts me in a good mood. It's like artwork.

metsjets
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
does anybody have sampras matches?!?!!? i can't find them anywhere (without paying)

stinkpot
05-31-2006, 05:55 PM
i love watching roger replays as well.

it never ceases to amaze me how, no matter how difficult a shot he's hitting, he never opens his mouth! his face is a picture of serenity, from backswing to follow through. it seems every other player on the planet at least grimaces, if not opens their mouth and grunts, on most strokes.

simi
05-31-2006, 06:13 PM
I just love watching his backhand, falling-away-from-the-net, overhead flick-of-the-wrist-for-a-winner shot. They never fail to astound!

tennisaddict89
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
metsjets, there are a couple sampras matches at http://www.geocities.com/rosaponselle/

superman1
05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
I saw the first set of his match today, he was absolutely sublime. Should have been a bagel, not 6-1. His patience has worn thin, I think. He didn't slice anything, he just hit winners from every direction.

arosen
05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
If Fed wins the French by beating Nadal in the final, he is the GOAT. But it's a huge if.

luishcorreia
06-22-2006, 07:15 AM
www. *********warehouse .com/

psp2
06-22-2006, 08:55 AM
I've taped a few Federer finals, and find it fascinating that you actually have to watch a Federer match a *few times* to really see how good shots are and what is going on in terms of strategy.

Yes, there are so many subtleties and different shots that you can't fully appreciate a Federer match the first time around. His touch, strategy, improvisation, movement are really breathtaking to watch. Someone said the same thing about a McEnroe match, you have to watch it a few times to see since you don't remember all the shots.

So Federer fans, go replay a good Federer final match a few times and you'll realize why he is a tennis genius. In contrast, his opponent looks like rather mechanical or like a mindless ball basher after the first time.

I'm going to make a video collection of Federer matches. Sometimes when I'm bored or in a bad mood, just watching Federer puts me in a good mood. It's like artwork.

do you have the matches on DVD? i have a small collection going and looking to trade DVDs with others.

i have the following:

Wimbledon 04, 05 F, Indian Wells 06 F, Miami 06 F, Aussie 06 F, Cincy 05 F and few others.

all commercials have been edited out, etc.

ubu2112@yahoo.com

lrizzo2006
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
I have tons of Sampras matches from his first majors to last.

CoconutGT
11-02-2006, 01:18 PM
If Fed wins the French by beating Nadal in the final, he is the GOAT. But it's a huge if.

Hmm.. but what if he wins the French by beating someone else other than Nadal in the final? What's your take on that, sir?