PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters' nonchalant attitude

winged_guardian
05-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Got this from Kim's website from her diary:
"I'll already be very happy should I be able to repeat last year's effort. And should I be eliminated soon, I sure hope I'll be able to join Bree. Should they beat Bergen, I'd be able to go and see the basketball playoffs final against Ostend."

Does anyone else find it somewhat inconceivable that she starts speculating about what she would do if she looses early? It just doens't make sense. I mean she's #2 in the world, finally broke her grand slam jinx, won warsaw, has reached the RG finals twice and has a pretty decent draw with Petrova out of the way. What's with all the negativity?!?!

Ripper
05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
"I'll already be very happy should I be able to repeat last year's effort. And should I be eliminated soon, I sure hope I'll be able to join Bree. Should they beat Bergen, I'd be able to go and see the basketball playoffs final against Ostend."

Does anyone else find it somewhat inconceivable that she starts speculating about what she would do if she looses early? It just doens't make sense. I mean she's #2 in the world, finally broke her grand slam jinx, won warsaw, has reached the RG finals twice and has a pretty decent draw with Petrova out of the way. What's with all the negativity?!?!

It's an in advance deffense mechanisim; just in case.

vkartikv
05-31-2006, 12:36 PM

It's called having a life besides tennis. If she can lead a normal life and still be # 2, what more can you want?

Warriorroger
05-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Many people are fed up with her whining. I hope she quits the game.

Cyclops
05-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't see that as negativity, oh winged one. I see it as just good common sense. The anti-climax and disappointment after a defeat must be so hard to get though and to get over, that to already have a silver lining worked out to the possible cloud seems quite savvy to me.

But also - doesn't it just show how humble she is too?

HollerOne5
05-31-2006, 05:25 PM

Just goes to show that all Steffi Graf fans are crazy and want nothing more than for other players besides Steffi to falter in some way. (I.e. - see Monica Seles)

dmastous
05-31-2006, 07:26 PM

You may get your wish. She's alreay said she will retire next year.

Lee
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah that's what she is saying. But you know she always underpromises and overdelivers.

arosen
05-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Tennis is just business for her. She goes to work. She wins or loses, it's just another day at the office for her. It's actually healthy psychologically, she's going to do great when she retires. Unlike Capriati, who recently said she has no idea what to do with herself, all she does is think. "think" and Capriati sounds all wrong. Jenny is unhappy, and part of it is she's got nothing in her life besides tennis and partying. Kim on the other hand seems to be really well adjusted.