PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Tournament '06 Thermo Bags

freelancer
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
I just noticed the new Yonex Tournament '06 6 Pack Thermo Gray/Black bag and had a few questions. I'm assuming the "thermo" is going to be like the Wilson bags that are designed to keep your racquets from heat and other weather conditions as well as keep your string tension longer if you leave your bag in your car for long periods of time. Does anyone know how well this works? I end up leaving my racquets in my car a lot because it's WAY out of the way for me to go home inbetween work and playing tennis. Any comments would be appreciated!

ShcMad
05-31-2006, 02:52 PM
I own a Head Tour Team '06 Combi 6-pack racquet bag with "CCT (Climate Control Technology)" <<<Fancy word, eh? Anyways, I don't know if the Yonex Thermo technology has the same principles as the CCT, but something interesting I found was that my Head bag is able to keep my Gatorade cool for 1-2 hours, even on hot days.

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a flexpoint 3 pack that does that too. Water and Gatorade stays coooool. I was thinking about getting the 6 pack that your talking about, but some people have said that it is a little thin, because when you put on the back pack straps, it falls to one side on your back because of how thin it is (doesn't sit up straight). Is that similar to your experience?

ShcMad
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I have a flexpoint 3 pack that does that too. Water and Gatorade stays coooool. I was thinking about getting the 6 pack that your talking about, but some people have said that it is a little thin, because when you put on the back pack straps, it falls to one side on your back because of how thin it is (doesn't sit up straight). Is that similar to your experience?

Remember this thread? ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=95435&page=3

In my opinion, it is kind of narrow-looking for a 6-racquet bag, and it tilts to one side easily. You have to put a couple lbs. worth of clothes in order for it to not tilt to one side when you carry it backpack-style. Surprisingly, after all the things I said about this bag, I took this bag to the beach last week because I could fit all my clothing plus a racquet! So, I guess it's a little roomier than I thought, but still, I'd say that the Head Tour Team Supercombi 12-racquet bag is the best bang for the buck (it's like $5 more).

tennis_nerd22
05-31-2006, 06:13 PM
I just noticed the new Yonex Tournament '06 6 Pack Thermo Gray/Black bag and had a few questions. I'm assuming the "thermo" is going to be like the Wilson bags that are designed to keep your racquets from heat and other weather conditions as well as keep your string tension longer if you leave your bag in your car for long periods of time. Does anyone know how well this works? I end up leaving my racquets in my car a lot because it's WAY out of the way for me to go home inbetween work and playing tennis. Any comments would be appreciated!

i dont know how cool exactly it is inside, but its a great bag. however, my water always stays nice and cool, even this week (here in ontario its been 40 degrees celcius plus with the humidex). i love the blue torquoise 6 pack :mrgreen:

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Remember this thread? ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=95435&page=3

In my opinion, it is kind of narrow-looking for a 6-racquet bag, and it tilts to one side easily. You have to put a couple lbs. worth of clothes in order for it to not tilt to one side when you carry it backpack-style. Surprisingly, after all the things I said about this bag, I took this bag to the beach last week because I could fit all my clothing plus a racquet! So, I guess it's a little roomier than I thought, but still, I'd say that the Head Tour Team Supercombi 12-racquet bag is the best bang for the buck (it's like $5 more).
Haha yeah I remember that thread. I wish Head made better bags, so I could match them with my Head racquets. It sounds like you have to stuff the bag pretty well in order for it not to tilt, that kinda sucks. Looks like I've narrowed my choices for 6-pack bags to Babolat and Wilson, and maybe even that new Adidas bag, it looks pretty nice.

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
So I just checked the dimensions on the new Adidas Barricade 6-pack, and DANG!!! That 6-pack is a beast!. As far as volume goes, it seems to be more like a 12-pack. In fact, out of the Head, Wilson and Babolat 12-packs I compared it with, it's bigger than all of them. It sure looks sleek on the picture though, guess it's not really the case.

Lakoste
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
...Head, Wilson and Babolat 12-packs...

Since when does Wilson make 12-packs:confused:

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Since when does Wilson make 12-packs:confused:
The super 6? isnt that a 12 pack?

Head_Rocketman
05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
I just checked it, and I guess it's more like 9. But all those big bags I put in the same category, they're about as big as each other.

Lakoste
06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
i dont know how cool exactly it is inside, but its a great bag. however, my water always stays nice and cool, even this week (here in ontario its been 40 degrees celcius plus with the humidex). i love the blue torquoise 6 pack :mrgreen:

tennis_nerd22,

what shade of blue is your yonex bag? Is TW's pic accurate, I'm debating between the gray and the blue, the gray seems kind of bland and the blue seems more sky blue, in a bad way, if that makes sense