PDA

View Full Version : forefoot cushion

courtrage
05-31-2006, 03:46 PM
just got a few pairs of volleyball shoes on sale and the forefoot looks thin...visible zoom air in the heel like the vapor speed so thats ok. how important is it to have forefoot cushion?

Ronaldo
05-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Thats where we spend most of our time oncourt, the balls of our feet. But you will find out firsthand.

courtrage
06-01-2006, 06:50 AM
OHHHH...no wonder...i spend most of my time on my heels :-D

well it turns out the front of the shoe has "air" written on it so that means there's an air unit there even though it looks really thin up there. i couldnt figure out how they'd make a volleyball shoe with no front cushion cause they do all the jumping...

courtrage
06-02-2006, 07:44 PM
well, they do have "air" in the forefoot and are thicker than i first thought...silly me, i was looking at the outsole not the midsole...they are nice around the court...feel like the vapor speed...

Ronaldo
06-03-2006, 05:02 AM
well, they do have "air" in the forefoot and are thicker than i first thought...silly me, i was looking at the outsole not the midsole...they are nice around the court...feel like the vapor speed...
Funny, have a pr of s2 and disapointed in the cushioning but they are lightweight.

courtrage
06-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Funny, have a pr of s2 and disapointed in the cushioning but they are lightweight.

i begin to wonder if i need more than zoom air in the front...the vapor speed and bf2 both have zoom in the front and i think these volleyball shoes i got have a regular air unit in the front...think the zoom air is thinner, therefore, less cushioned....i miss the air zoom beyond...full length visible zoom air is the best...