PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Hi-Tech Grips: Different colors = different specs

armand
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Gamma Hi-Tech grips are the best grips I've ever used simply because they last so long. My hands don't sweat so they are perfect for me but I don't think they'd be ideal if your hand sweats a lot.

Anyway, I usually go with basic black as the color and they lack a little bit of consistency. But I recently bought some white colored ones and they are even more different. The white ones are thinner and have more tackiness(than the black ones). I don't know how durability is affected.

I've used red and they seem to have the best durability tho I've only tried red once.

Anyone else care to share their findings?

dewey2110
05-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Mostly, white OGs are tackier than black OGs of the same brand.

LowProfile
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
The dye they use to color the overgrips affects the tackiness and feel. White overgrips have no dye and maintain much more tack than the colored ones. This is why the Wilson Pro Overgrip is so good. However, the new Wilson Pro colored overgrips apparently have the same feel and tack as the white ones. Not sure how they do this.

armand
06-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the reply dudes. So white ones have the best tack, but how about the durability?

armand
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
White ones have the best tack indeed! But they cause much more sweating too. Next!