PDA

View Full Version : Still Marcos Bahdatis??!!!

Grigollif1
06-01-2006, 02:41 AM
Come on! I mean ok, He had a inspiring run at the Australian Open this year but, he hasn't done much at all since then. Clay is not his best surface, there is a great match going on in the center court between Hewiit and a Talented Frenchmen. ESPN decides to showcase Baghdatis in Court Nuber 1?? making all kinds of Hypes in him perhaps repeting his Ausssie campaign... Come one..Baghdatis simple doesn't own this kind of Hype right now. If anything, he has shown since the Australian open to be a one slam Wonder... even tough he is a really nice personality..

malakas
06-01-2006, 02:44 AM
totally off topic,but can you tell me if he plays well?Thanx in advance.

Grigollif1
06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
totally off topic,but can you tell me if he plays well?Thanx in advance.

Sorry , if he plays well? He is a telented player, doesn't really have a weapon. Moves well, has nice ground strokes but, that's about it. Nothing too extraordinary about his game. He is very charismatic guy tough but, not enough for ESPN to be creating expectations in him doing a really great camaign again, specially at the French....He has not show much consistency yet, even in hardcourts his best surface.

ericsson
06-01-2006, 04:07 AM
maybe it's because then they can zoom in on baggy his girlfriend :mrgreen:
you can't argue with that :p

ericsson
06-01-2006, 04:07 AM
maybe it's because then they can zoom in on baggy his girlfriend :mrgreen:
you can't argue with that :p

Shabazza
06-01-2006, 04:21 AM
you have to admit it's a great match and Baghdatis shows once again that he has the heart of a lion, a true fighter! :cool:

iscottius
06-01-2006, 04:27 AM
hewitt isn't the draw he used to be, i think espn is correct to show the baghdatis match, a tough fought five setter

yonex90
06-01-2006, 11:24 AM
I think Marcos is THE best young player. He's already 19th. That is quite a feat. By the end of the year you'll know why he has all the hype.

Double G
06-01-2006, 11:27 AM
he plays like he is on a haredcourt just pounding balls and not using his head

Ripper
06-01-2006, 11:33 AM
sorry about the double post ;-)

Rather a triple :)

Edit: Have they shown her? No current pics of her on Getty. This is from Oz:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56647602.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F47000377E6B22FE99DDD 2DF562157E3BCAC8

I miss her :(

Tchocky
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Getting to the Aussie finals may turn out to be the worst thing that could have happened to Marcos. Now everyone expects great things from him. He's only 21...maybe he'll make a good run at the U.S. Open later this year.

vive le beau jeu !
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
you have to admit it's a great match and Baghdatis shows once again that he has the heart of a lion, a true fighter! :cool:
at least...
his level was disappointing, he should have won this match :( ... but one more time, he fought hard !
(if only gasquet was also fighting like him...)

I think Marcos is THE best young player. He's already 19th. That is quite a feat. By the end of the year you'll know why he has all the hype.
i think so... we just have to give him some time and he will digest his australian open run and confirm all these expectations... he's still young ! :)

malakas
06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah,you think he is the best of the youngsters??
I am a total victim of the bandwagon.I was so much enthusiastic at the AO :D and had so much expectations from him,and then he....dissapeared!!:(
I hope he does well in the future!!

Μάρκο,είσαι τρέλα...Με την άσπρη την φανέλα!!

knasty131
06-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I won't question his ability...but I honestly think that his run at the Australian Open was due to the crowd he had behind him...True, he does have crazy ammounts of fight which is probably why he is up there in the rankings, but that crowd gave him more fight and boosted him up to a level to where he was playing out of his shoes...lol thats just my opinion though

VolklVenom
06-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Grigollif1, you wanted to watch the Hewitt match instead??
You cannot be serious!

I did watch the Leyton match and it was the most boring thing i've ever seen.

superman1
06-01-2006, 04:31 PM
The first set of the Hewitt match was actually very high level stuff. Lots of long rallies.

From what I saw of Baghdatis, he was hitting the ball beautifully. And in his first match he had 70-something winners, which is incredible for clay. I think he's the real deal, and we'll see more of him on faster courts.

Kaptain Karl
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Grigollif1 - Very few people like Hewitt. Lots of people like Marcos.

- KK

lucky leprechaun
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Baghdatis don't have any confidence in himself no more.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
06-01-2006, 08:34 PM
here is a great match going on in the center court between Hewiit and a Talented Frenchmen. ESPN decides to showcase Baghdatis in Court Nuber 1??

As long as bag continues to bring his girlfriend, shut up :)

Mikael
06-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Baghdatis is soo overhyped, especially by those ESPN commentators like Brad Gilbert. They just cannot find weaknesses in this guy. They keep saying that "this kid is in the top 20 to stay", "this kid will crack the top 10", blabla and he keeps losing in the opening rounds. He might become dangerous again during the summer hardcourt season though, kinda like Srichaphan.

lucky leprechaun
06-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Well he did take out ljubicic and nalbandian in a grand slam setting. Just goes to show what good tennis you can play when everyone's cheering you on. And how you fall from glory once the cheers stop.

arosen
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
For those of you missing Bag's girlfriend, ,may I suggest you go check out Maria Kirilenko. You will not be disappointed. She is pleasing to the eye, and she is still in a draw.

superman1
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
He made the quarters of Indian Wells before losing to Nadal, didn't he? He's a very good player, but is a bit more vulnerable on clay. I saw the match, both guys played extremely well.

ericsson
06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
For those of you missing Bag's girlfriend, ,may I suggest you go check out Maria Kirilenko. You will not be disappointed. She is pleasing to the eye, and she is still in a draw.

yes indeed, i like her very much, seems like a cool chick and quite modest, not like sharapova with lots a blablabla and sound :mrgreen:
go kiri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!