PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Barricade Tour 6 Racquet Bag - A Review by Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I received my Adidas Barricade Tour 6 Racquet Bag via UPS today.

First impressions - It's HUGE! Seems bigger than an "average" six pack bag. There are external pockets on either side that could easily hold 2 -3 racquets each, as well as the main interior pocket that could hold more racquets (depending on how much other gear you put in the bag). There are a couple of decent sized accessory pouches, and a ventilated shoe compartment. The cell phone pouch is pretty small. If you don't have a small phone, you may have trouble getting it in and out.

Quality - The padding is thicker than on most other six pack bags I have seen and overall construction seems very high quality. The zipper pulls are large and are anatomically shaped to fit your thumb. The backpack straps are comfortable and have enough padding. They can also be tucked away if you want to just carry the bag by it's handle or by the shoulder strap. [Note: My bag arrived without the shoulder strap. I called TW and they are sending me a new bag that has the strap with it. An inconvenience, but only a minor one & TW was very responsive.] There are no thermal compartments on the bag, so if that's important to you, make note of it.

Appearance - It looks great, very high tech. The color is very light (silver and white) so it will be interesting to see how it's appearance holds up under normal usage conditions. Hopefully it wipes down easily and doesn't stain easily. I didn't really need a new bag, but this one looked so nice that I wanted to buy it. Now that I've seen it up close, I'm definitely not disappointed.

I give this bag the DONNIE DARKO 5 STAR SEAL OF APPROVAL!

Head_Rocketman
06-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Is it TOO big for a 6pack bag? I compared the dimensions the other day, and even though it says its only a 6 pack bag, it's bigger than the biggest bags of the Head, Wilson, and Babolat lines.

Donnie Darko
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Is it TOO big for a 6pack bag? I compared the dimensions the other day, and even though it says its only a 6 pack bag, it's bigger than the biggest bags of the Head, Wilson, and Babolat lines.

It depends on what you call "too big". It's definitely bigger and bulkier than the Prince Team Collection/Sharapova 6 Pack bag that my GF has. I wouldn't say that it's noticeably heavier than that bag, though. It does seem like it would hold more gear, though. I typically find a 6 pack bag to be a little cramped if I'm trying to take 2-3 racquets, shoes, balls, water, clothes, etc.......this one seems just about right.

I used to have a Babolat Pro Team Bag (w/out wheels) and I'd say it compares size-wise pretty closely to that bag.

brownbearfalling
06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Nice review Donnie Darko, now I want one!
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Head_Rocketman
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
It depends on what you call "too big". It's definitely bigger and bulkier than the Prince Team Collection/Sharapova 6 Pack bag that my GF has. I wouldn't say that it's noticeably heavier than that bag, though. It does seem like it would hold more gear, though. I typically find a 6 pack bag to be a little cramped if I'm trying to take 2-3 racquets, shoes, balls, water, clothes, etc.......this one seems just about right.

I used to have a Babolat Pro Team Bag (w/out wheels) and I'd say it compares size-wise pretty closely to that bag.
I'm going to have 2 racquets, overgrips, water bottles, some string packages. Is the "6 pack" barricade too big just for all that? I like to travel light, would it be too bulky, also?

KFwinds
06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I can add here; I use the older, all-black Adidas tour bag (6-pack), and I can confirm that these bags are definitely larger than any other "6-racquet" bag out there. However, the size of the bag hasn't been a hindrance for me at all. It's just a nice, lightweight bag with some extra room. I will say that if you are only carrying a couple of sticks, water bottle(s), string, maybe a change of clothes, you could probably go with something slightly smaller. I know that I don't take this bag everywhere (like to drills, the public courts, etc...). I have a smaller TW bag, and I use the larger Adidas bag for tournaments and traveling. Hope this helps.

vinky
06-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Nice review Donnie Darko, now I want one!

or... do you?!?

Head_Rocketman
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I can add here; I use the older, all-black Adidas tour bag (6-pack), and I can confirm that these bags are definitely larger than any other "6-racquet" bag out there. However, the size of the bag hasn't been a hindrance for me at all. It's just a nice, lightweight bag with some extra room. I will say that if you are only carrying a couple of sticks, water bottle(s), string, maybe a change of clothes, you could probably go with something slightly smaller. I know that I don't take this bag everywhere (like to drills, the public courts, etc...). I have a smaller TW bag, and I use the larger Adidas bag for tournaments and traveling. Hope this helps.
Pretty good feedback. Shows it's not really a bag a person takes everywhere with them, on a daily basis.

Donnie Darko
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm going to have 2 racquets, overgrips, water bottles, some string packages. Is the "6 pack" barricade too big just for all that? I like to travel light, would it be too bulky, also?

It would be overkill for two racquets and some small odds and ends......most of the bag would be empty. Sounds like you could get away with a backpack type bag since you don't carry much.

woody6.1
06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
sounds like a great bag . but i'll still stick with my wilson tour 6 pack .. has anyone even seen that movie donnie darko .. ? jpretty crazy

Donnie Darko
06-02-2006, 08:27 AM
sounds like a great bag . but i'll still stick with my wilson tour 6 pack .. has anyone even seen that movie donnie darko .. ? jpretty crazy

You mean there's a movie called Donnie Darko? That's weird that there's a movie with the same name as me.

Court_Jester
06-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Frank the Bunny rocks! :cool:

CJ