PDA

View Full Version : Question for Susan about Nadal

bfonz7
03-03-2004, 09:26 AM
I know you run your own website for him, there seems to be alot of rumors going around about his Babolat....do you know any inside information about you would like to share?

I've heard its a paint job of a Pure Drive or a prototype AeroDrive with a combination of the crappy Aero line racquets in the throat and the Pure Drive

Peter Samprer
03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
it looks like a paint job to me. aero's frame is kinda flat but on this picture (CLICK HERE TO VIEW (http://members4.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=48095689)) it isn't... looks like a babolat pure drive to me :D

PS

sseemiller
03-03-2004, 12:38 PM
He definitely is playing with a prototype that hasn't been released to the public yet. I've heard this from a few sources -- the most recent one from Babolat itself. Here's an e-mail that a gal on our site, Caitlin, received from Babolat:

Caitlin,
Thank you for your interest. At this time Rafael Nadal is playing
with a prototype of a new racquet. He is the only one in the world
testing that racquet at this time. Thanks!

Dwi Sumarsam
Competition Team Asst Director USA
Babolat VS North America

Phone: 877-316-9435
Fax: 303-444-2088
dwi@babolatusa.com

I had received this same info from a source in Spain, too. The racquet is not an Aero or a Pure Drive, but has some qualities of each. I don't think the raquet has been named yet, but I've heard the name AeroDrive bandied about. I'll post a note here when it is released. :mrgreen:

Susan

Peter Samprer
03-03-2004, 01:10 PM
cool info susan! :D

sseemiller
03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Yep, I'm full of Nadal info. :lol: And in the future, if folks have questions about Nadal, please feel free to e-mail me, and I'll get back to you. I know on the old board, there were quite a few Nadal threads at one point, and that irritated some people, and I certainly don't want to be irritating. :D Please refrain from the obvious response to that comment. :mrgreen:

But this racquet question comes up a lot; it's second behind the question about whether Rafa has a girlfriend. I'm starting a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) page on the site to deal with these burning questions about Nadal. :lol:

Susan

thomas martinez
03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey Susan, a bit here for you, I've seen some of these frames up close and personal, they're called the AeroPro Drive, from what I was told by Babolat, they might not make it out ot the market(who knows if that is true or not since the ones I've seen, look production ready)

Tom

sseemiller
03-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks, Tom. From what I understand, and this isn't from any official source, Babolat has been holding off marketing it as "Nadal's" racquet, because they want to make sure he continues to use it. A number of articles and interviews out of Spain have talked about how Rafa is using a "new racquet," so I don't think there's any question there.

But I'll contact Babolat myself and try to get more info on to post on the site. I'll keep you all informed. But from what I understand, the racquet he is now using is not available for sale, but will be made available at some point.

Susan

sseemiller
03-05-2004, 01:59 PM
I just got an email from a Babolat rep about Rafa's racquet. Here's the response:

Susan:
Hello and thank you for your email. Of course we are very pleased with this kind of feedback and I will do my best to keep you informed.

Rafael is using a new prototype frame that utilizes our Aero technology. It is absolutely NOT a painted pure drive. Currently we are working with Rafael, and other top players, to develop racquets that fit their games and assist them in reaching their potential. It is our goal to bring these frames to market at an appropriate time. As things develop I will keep you informed.

Congratulations on Rafael's fantastic successes thus far, I am sure there is much more ahead. Please feel free to contact me at any time by phone or email if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,

Tom Russ
Competition Team Director
Babolat VS North America
Email: tomruss@babolatusa.com

kreative
03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
awesome info susan and tom.

K!ck5w3rvE
05-24-2004, 01:03 AM
http://www.tennisworld.nl/

There is a pic of his racquet, plus it's specs