View Full Version : Bollitieri cheated by coaching

sureshs
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Toni Nadal also doing that, no?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19337408-23216,00.html

Viper
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
"I don't think it should be allowed. That's the great thing about our sport, once you are out there, it's a matter of doing what you need to do against your opponent and working it out for yourself," said Hewitt.

One of my new favorite quotes.

Ripper
06-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I say fine their asses.

pero
06-02-2006, 12:16 PM
i say don't do anything, i mean there are always ways to do it, so get your self a good coach...

VGP
06-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Coaches should be able to see the matches, but be sequestered away from being able to communicate with their players.

It seems with signals and eye contact, a lot can be done to remind a player on court on what to do. That's why it's hard to slap fines on coaches because a lot of what they do is not blatant.

VGP
06-02-2006, 12:22 PM
i say don't do anything, i mean there are always ways to do it, so get your self a good coach...

That's good for players with money or players with intrusive relatives, they've earned an unfair advantage.

pero
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Coaches should be able to see the matches, but be sequestered away from being able to communicate with their players.

It seems with signals and eye contact, a lot can be done to remind a player on court on what to do. That's why it's hard to slap fines on coaches because a lot of what they do is not blatant.

but that was my point, it would certainly be much more better if there would be no differce, but we live in an unfair world...

tennis_nerd22
06-02-2006, 01:01 PM
"I don't think it should be allowed. That's the great thing about our sport, once you are out there, it's a matter of doing what you need to do against your opponent and working it out for yourself," said Hewitt.

One of my new favorite quotes.

ya but hewitt's exactly right. thats the beauty of tennis. when your out there all by yourself, you have no one to turn to or ask advice from... except yourself. brings up real champions. :cool: