PDA

View Full Version : Nadal given wrong string; Stringer fired

armand
06-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Patrick McEnroe and Chris Flower were talkin' and said that Nadal panicked because his racquet was strung with too thin a gauge and couldn't keep a ball in the court during practice. Luckily, there was a rain delay and Nadal's manager found the right string and now he has 3 racquets ready to go for today.

Patrick McEnroe said that the stringer was fired but he could've been joking, I'm uncertain.

ta11geese3
06-02-2006, 02:19 AM
you're uncertain? Why didn't you put a question mark at the end of your topic then? o_o

tennissavy
06-02-2006, 03:37 AM
you're uncertain? Why didn't you put a question mark at the end of your topic then? o_o
Well, the way ta11geese3 worded his post, it was a statement. It was not a question.

Ripper
06-02-2006, 07:20 AM
...and now he has 3 racquets ready to go for today.

Only 3 raquets?

vkartikv
06-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Patrick McEnroe and Chris Flower were talkin' and said that Nadal panicked because his racquet was strung with too thin a gauge and couldn't keep a ball in the court during practice. Luckily, there was a rain delay and Nadal's manager found the right string and now he has 3 racquets ready to go for today.

Patrick McEnroe said that the stringer was fired but he could've been joking, I'm uncertain.

The work of some staunch Fed. fan trying to emulate one Gunther, may be?

siber222000
06-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Only 3 raquets?
im assuming they strunged it in nick of time

thomas martinez
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
If you read his blog, it wasn't the stringer's fault, but rather a mix up must have happened when shipping him his product from Babolat. It happens from time to time. Nothing you can do about it, just crap timing this time around.

OrangeOne
06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Luckily, there was a rain delay and Nadal's manager found the right string and now he has 3 racquets ready to go for today.

I'm surprised he worried! The form Nadal's been in on clay he could beat half of the tour without strings :mrgreen:

dmastous
06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
If you read his blog, it wasn't the stringer's fault, but rather a mix up must have happened when shipping him his product from Babolat. It happens from time to time. Nothing you can do about it, just crap timing this time around.
So we need to check Federer's accounts to see if a payment was made to Babolat... ;)

ta11geese3
06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, the way ta11geese3 worded his post, it was a statement. It was not a question.

eh, you mean adely, but anyways... he says he's uncertain about it, so that deserves a question mark, no?

Gugafan_Redux
06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Ha, one missing question mark on these boards is a drop in the bucket.

most of teh time i cant undersatnd wut teh fugde is being writing OMg bagdatis is god did you see his match his is awesome he;ll be no1 tommorrow i have to go to the orthodontist now bye