PDA

View Full Version : HEAD LM Prestige Mid-plus VS Wilson nCode Six-One 95

Alex
07-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Which is the better one??? :lol:

D. Nelson
07-05-2004, 05:51 AM
PERFECT question....I'm waiting to hear about that, too...!!!!!!!!

b.
07-05-2004, 06:55 AM
LM Prestige is MUCH better.

See, nCode has one big flaw!

I don't own one! :wink:

Fidelica
07-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Surely you know this is a silly question as the qualities that make a racquet "better" are entirely personal and dependent upon your own game and needs. That said, I played with both this weekend -- having just bought a LM Prestige and demoing the nCode. After warming up with both I elected to play with the nCode, and not just because I had it for a short time. As other have noted here, I too found the main differences are as follows: the nCode has more power and you can get some great pop off of groundies and especially serve. Obviously with this you give up a bit of control and feel. That's it in a nutshell. They're very similar sticks in the sense that neither will give you great power unless you know how to generate it yourself. I find that in it's way the LM demands more of me -- in the best way -- because it doen't give extra power or spin it's incumbent upon me to make sure my fundamentals are all there each time I make contact with the ball. If you are interested in becoming a better player than you'll always want a control, players-oriented racquet, which both of these are. I used the nCode I suppose because I was playing a guy with a big game and huge serve and I felt I wanted the extra advantage to hold me serve by having the little bit of insurance I felt with the Wilson. I lost with one break in each set and couldn't break my opponent. I kept thinking I should switch to the LM to return his serve, that it would give me more feel, less power and a better chance to simply get into some points but I never made the change. I probabaly should have.

raven5288
07-05-2004, 10:00 AM
same here b.

I haven't tried out the new ncodes, but I'm in love with my LM prestige MP.

KoolAidMan
07-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Im demoing a LM prestige mid-plus and an ncode six-one 95 and am currently stuck as to which one to choose. I found the prestige more manueverable and was playing well with it. I usually shot long with the ncode but I'm going to give it another shot. Anybody have any opinions on these two rackets against eachother?

Xanataos
07-08-2004, 06:10 PM

What is the flaw?

KoolAidMan
07-08-2004, 07:53 PM

What is the flaw?

That he doesnt own one.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go with a prestige mp, I didnt like the ncode as much as the prestige. It had a little too much power and just felt to bulky.

ibemadskillzz
07-08-2004, 08:37 PM
you should demo the 90 before you go with the 95. LM Prestige is clearly the best out of all the LMs. demo all three, it depends on what you like the most, we all have different opioions about them. good luck