PDA

View Full Version : need serious help with serve problems

Pyro
07-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Alright, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH WITH MY SERVE. In all honesty, whenever I serve, some part of my right arm begins to hurt. The following parts of my arm have hurt: forearm (inside part and outside)(sorta rare), elbow (inside/out) (very rare, only when I frame like 5 shots in a row), bicep and tricep (majority of the time, I am starting to think maybe my bicep is stronger than my tricep or vice versa) and my shoulder(rarely when I go for a flat out winner). My ONLY CLUE is that as I was breaking down my stroke, I noticed that I feel pain when my arm is fully extended. The odd thing is that in no other motion do I feel any pain whatsoever. So, I am going to do something about it. The good thing is that it isn't serious yet, but it is a very consistent problem. I have alreayd started to train to help my arm, but I am going to play tomorrow for an hour or two before I stop for one or two weeks. Today, I iced every part of my arm for about half an hour, lifted weights to help all areas of my arm, and stretched for a total of about 10 minutes. If anyone has any information on how I could solve this problem, I WILL FOREVER BE IN DEBT, PLEASE HELP ME. It is very annoying to be able to rally with someone for hours without pain but not be able to serve more than 10 serves without having to stop. I will give some background information. I really really think that the problem started when I started using the babolat pure drive with luxilon alu bb (I really should have listeend to you guys), but I have stopped playing with that racquet and I am now demoing. So far, I really like the nCode 90 with wilson sensation and I am probably going to buy it (I know pd and ncode are very different, but I have used wide array from racquets, from tour 90 to wilson hh 5.6). If you guys need any more information to help me, feel free to ask, and please, I am pleaing with you, if you have information, please post.

serge
08-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Hi ! I have the same problem ... But now it's much more better. You must be really warm to serve. If you serve in the beginning you can feel pain in your arm and you can "destroy" it. Play at least 20 min before serving. Stretching will also help. I can see that you play with a very heavy racquet ... To be able to use it you've got to have strong arms. Buy a book and begin some exercises with weights (not too much at the beginning).
The other possible reason is that your serve-stroke is not very good... Ask somebody who plays very good to look at your serve or you can also make a video and you will see if your serve is correct. Hit your ball in front of you... if you hit it behind you have more stress on your arm. At the beginning serve quite and slow for 10-15 minutes and after you can go faster and faster ...

serge
08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh.. I forgot you also need to fully extend your arm on the serve, that will help too.