PDA

View Full Version : Tennis shopping in Paris

austro
06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I am going to the FO finals next weekend. Does anyone know a good address for tennis shopping in Paris? Looking to pick up some Lacoste stuff or whatever else.

Cheers!

Dedans Penthouse
06-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Here are two sporting goods shops in Paris:

Citadium (in the 9th arrondissement) and
Decathlon ("downtown" 1st arrondissement-forget name of street)
Lacoste you can always get at a number of places here in the U.S. (Neiman, Saks, Nordstrom, etc.). But at those two shops you can get some very nice deals on e.g. A-r-t-e-n-g-o apparel which you can't find here in the U.S.. A-r-t-e-n-g-o has some "ok" stuff at an "ok" price. FYI: I used the hyphens because for whatever reason the ***cyber censor*** blanked out A-R-T-E-N-G-O.

I would think there's a Lacoste outlet at the Open (or info. as to the nearest one).

There's also Go Sports in Les Halles district (low-end garbage, don't recommend).

austro
06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks a lot for your recommendations. I will check out the first two. I am not into low end stuff (no disrespect!). The FO is firmly in the hands of Dunlop and Adidas so I doubt there will be much Lacoste there. On the other hand, some officials wear it. But it would probably at at "FO premium".

Richie Rich
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
hope you bring lots of eruo's. stuff will generally be cheaper in the US. but then again they may carry lines that aren't available over here.

Exia
06-21-2006, 12:30 AM
The main reason why products at decathlon are cheaper in france because they are based there. A bit like Dunlop products are cheaper at sportsworld (UK based)

A-R-T-E-N-G-O. is blanked out?! thats like blocking nike!! they should censor the retailer not the brand!?

GOD BLESS free speach americans(!)