PDA

View Full Version : sharapova=nadal?

andyroddick's mojo
06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
would you guys say sharapova kinda reminds you of a nadal, on the womens tour? I say this because they both have unbalanced strokes, and always have their forehands follow through over their heads on difficult shots. They both like to grunt a lot, except nadal has way more topspin, but their style of play seems to be very similar to me.

Ripper
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
would you guys say sharapova kinda reminds you of a nadal, on the womens tour? I say this because they both have unbalanced strokes, and always have their forehands follow through over their heads on difficult shots. They both like to grunt a lot, except nadal has way more topspin, but their style of play seems to be very similar to me.

I don't see the similarity in their styles. Maybe, because Nadal hits with huge topspin, while Sharapova hits kind of flat.

Ammo
06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
another similarity is that they both play tennis with their off-hand (Sharapova is ambi but she admits that her left is her natural hand)

pero
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
sharapova definetly doesn't move as well as nadal :), but yes, there are similarities

Ripper
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
another similarity is that they both play tennis with their off-hand (Sharapova is ambi but she admits that her left is her natural hand)

Another similarity is that they both like men :mrgreen:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooory, I couldn't resist myself.

For the record, the guy is straight, ok? We've seen the pics with his gf.

ta11geese3
06-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Just like how there are many similarities between Roddick and Federer =D They are both right handed, are both guys, one hits top heavy shots that don't penetrate, the other hits penetrating topspin drives, etc

>_>

BabolatFan
06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Another similarity is that they both like men :mrgreen:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooory, I couldn't resist myself.

For the record, the guy is straight, ok? We've seen the pics with his gf.

LoL. I don't know if he's straight 100%. I asked the same question in another thread and saw a pic of his so called gf but have never seen pics with him and her together. The only couple photos I've seen are those of Feliciano and Nadal hanging out together...

mileslong
06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
well they both dress similarly...

35ft6
06-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I see no similarity. Sharapova hits everything flat and has average movement. Nadal hits everything with spin and runs like a cheetah.

There's really nobody on the WTA tour like Nadal. Maybe Schnyder is closest?