PDA

View Full Version : Bag to match your racquet or Bag that just looks good?

Lindros13
06-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Did you buy a bag to match your racquet brand or did you pick a bag that you simply like the best? I have a red 6-pak Wilson bag but use Babolat Aeropro Control racquets.

I saw a comment earlier that only rich kids and pro wannabe's switch bags each time they switch racquets. Not sure I agree fully (cause bags are not that pricey), but it's a well taken comment.

milo
06-03-2006, 09:16 AM
neither. i choose the one that fits all of my equipment. not only my racquets.

Skppr05
06-03-2006, 10:04 AM
I try to get a bag that matches my racquet but if not then one that looks good

ravemaster806
06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
i have 3 yonex rdx 500 mids with a yonex pro series 2400 9 pack bag, and everytime i switch racquets, i try to sell the racquets and the bag so i can get another set of racquets and bag

Court_Jester
06-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I used to do that: get a bag that matches my racquets. But ever since I switched sticks, I realized that it was not practical to also switch bags so I got myself the Adidas Tour 6-pack instead.

CJ

snoflewis
06-03-2006, 11:23 AM
i bought my bag because it was cheap and was a good deal (wilson tour 4 super 6) and it just happened to match my rackets at that time (wilson tour 95s). however, im now using 4 yonex rackets, and it doesnt bother me too much. i've thought about switching to a yonex bag...but there's nothing wrong w/ my bag and it fits everything...so i'd have to say get a bag that looks good AND fits everything you need.

roddick_rulz
06-03-2006, 11:38 AM
i try to match the bag with my racquets but it's also because the wilson tour 5 bags are the best on the market.

vkartikv
06-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't think any of us here is sponsored, we just buy what fits the bill, even if it looks pink :)

Saito
06-03-2006, 01:32 PM
neither. i choose the one that fits all of my equipment. not only my racquets.

X 2... if a bag can fit all my things and even have an extra compartment for sweaty things (socks, shirts, etc.), then I'm sold.

brucie
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Its always good to have the bag to you gear but im not too bothered mine has my name on, unless i find another bruce to buy it i wont be changing for a while!

vinnier6
06-04-2006, 04:42 AM
i dont see any problems buying bags when you feel like it...i just ordered a new flexpoint radical 6 pack bag from here after having the radical tours for almost a year...i think the bag looks pretty sweet and dont really care what people think...

tennis_nerd22
06-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Did you buy a bag to match your racquet brand or did you pick a bag that you simply like the best?

well i was using head rackets, but i loved the looks of the yonex bag, so i got a yonex bag. now im using yonex rackets, so it doesnt really matter... but buy whatever you think looks/functions best

Wtitanium
06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I have a bag that is the same brand as my racket, and that also looks good. Come to think of it, the racket colors match also.

chex
06-04-2006, 03:52 PM
well, I bought a radical flexpoint combi with my fxp radical racquet.. and it looks good, but I think I would rather have the babolat bag, or a head tour.

tennis_nerd22
06-04-2006, 04:26 PM
funny story: i was at a lesson with my coach, and towards the end, a group of little kids come (his next lesson), and they were watching us play a match. they were amazed and then at the end they saw my bag and racket and how the brands matched. that combined with the fact that they probably thought i was good, so they asked me if i was sponsored. me and my coach were laughing, but i told them: "no, but i will be someday"

so there's a good reason to match bag with racket brand :D lol

Viper
06-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think any of us here is sponsored, we just buy what fits the bill, even if it looks pink :)

One of the smartest posts I've seen in a while.

travlerajm
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I like to show up old school. No tennis bag. No racquet cover. Just a beaten-up backback and shoes with holes in them.

tennis_nerd22
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I like to show up old school. No tennis bag. No racquet cover. Just a beaten-up backback and shoes with holes in them.

lol whenever i do that, i feel empty inside... i dont feel ready to "go" ;) but all the power to ya

RiosTheGenius
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
I didn't carry a bag until my father gave me one for my birthday a couple of years ago..... luckly , it is yonex as my racquets.... but I will probably always use that bag for its personal value regardless of the racquet changes I shall make.

BattleAxe
06-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Neither. I chose a functional one. I ride a motorcycle to play, so I needed a backpack style bag.

vinnier6
06-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Neither. I chose a functional one. I ride a motorcycle to play, so I needed a backpack style bag.

what do you do with your jeans, jacket, gloves, boots and helmet when you are playing???? you do ride with gear on dont you???

tennis-skater
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm selling my Babolat so I decided to sell the bag too. I'm just going to buy that new Adidas bag because its got so much room for my stuff. Plus when I change raquets again in 8 months the bag wont bother me

BattleAxe
06-09-2006, 01:14 AM
what do you do with your jeans, jacket, gloves, boots and helmet when you are playing???? you do ride with gear on dont you???

I always ride with gear. They just sit there on the side of the court by my bag while I'm playing. I actually wear overpants that I wear over my shorts, so I just slide them off when I get there. Admittedly, I rarely wear my boots.

frayed
10-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry for digging up a semi-old post but it was the only bag/motorcycle related thread found in search. :D

I'm looking at finding a bag to attach to the rear seat. Needs to hold minimum of one racquet, two cans of balls, and basic tennis attire change with shoes. Always wear proper gear on your feet ! Casual shoes fly right off your feet in an off. The gear can set aside the bike for all I care.

Any known compact bags that I should look at for this?

pNoyr3D
10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I have a wilson tour 5 6-pack and it matches my racquets but it's not actually the right match, just the colors. I use 2 dunlop m-Fil 300's and am going to get a Dunlop M-Fil Red bag to match and I heard it was very nice.. So 2 for 1!

aznspongehead
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I think getting an adidas (or a brand that doesn't make rackets) bag would be a good idea since you don't get the desire to match your racket to your bag when you switch rackets.

tennisnj
10-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Bag to match the racquet! I have Volkl racquets, & I need their largest racquet bag possible for all my accessories (as stated in previous posts ad nauseum), so their Mega bag lines fit the bill just fine. Doesn't bother me one bit that the bags are predominately yellow.

TripleB
10-12-2006, 05:10 AM
I bought a bag to match my racquets. My Yonex bag of a little over a year was tearing up on the inside so when I ordered my new racquets I ordered a bag to match.

TripleB

BiGGieStuFF
10-12-2006, 05:14 AM
bag to match my racket but i just made a racket change so now it looks a little funny. I knew I should have gone with the adidas tennis bag.

Robbie_1988
10-12-2006, 05:56 AM
LOL I never bought my bag. When I bought my Nsix One Tour 90 (which was pretty damn cheap compared to other places in my area) at this store near my school, there was a limited offer by Wilson where they'd give you a free tennis bag with the racket. There were all kinds of Wilson bags that held a varying amounts of rackets and lucky for me, there was one Wilson Tour 5 Red Super 6 Thermo Bag left.

So now I happily carry around Roger Federer's tennis bag with my 5 rackets in it. But that offer is long gone now so don't anyone get excited. I live in Australia and the store i'm talking about is Baker's Tennis Store in the city (Sydney).

roddick_rulz
10-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm a Wilson Boy so i like all wilson stuff.

moxio
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
My bag matches my racket

Nextman916
10-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I try to match brands for what im currently using. I just bought an RDS 001 MP not too long ago and purchased the Yonex pro series 2006 bag with it. However if i were to switch suddenly to Technifibre or Fischer(thinking about it) i would still keep my yonex bag, im not that nit picky but its nice when things match. Plus the functionality of the pro series bag is the best ive had to date.

thejackal
10-13-2006, 03:09 PM
mine dont match. i got a black dunlop bag because the price was right and black doesnt get dirty like bright red (like the wilson tour). an added bonus was that the quality of dunlop bags are really good. mine is still pretty much like new after 2 years.

eric892
04-04-2008, 05:33 AM
It is not necessary for me to have the same brand for racquet and bag. For me the most important thing is that the bag must be durable and have nice design and color. I have a Head Radical bag and a PDR+ by the way.

agarasbattier
04-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I use a bag that fits everything that I take to the court and I like using the best. I am currently using head racquets with an old wilson bag.

tennisamurai
04-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Get a bag to match to your racket. You look more intimidating. And get one of those huge ones because it makes you look even more intimidating.

Nitro
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Matching racquet and bag is nice as long as it doesn't get in the way of your needs.

themitchmann
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I like matching the bag to the sticks as well, but I'm a brand *****.

goran_the_2nd
04-18-2008, 05:17 PM
i was into matching at first (bab aero sticks and aero x6 bag), but then i found that perfect bag for me, with termoguard, extra compartment for shoes, wet clothes, etc.. so i bought that one. perfect fit for all my stuff, and for half of a price :-)

Nitro
04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Who makes this wondrous bag?

goran_the_2nd
04-19-2008, 07:25 AM
oh, sorry.. forgot to mention it :) it's that new fischer combi bag..

Zhou
04-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Even though I use Babolat, they make the most solid bags out there IMO. I own a Babolat Team Line 12 pack but I do like the Aero Bag too.

Mansewerz
04-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I was gonna get a yonex bag to match my needs, hell I was about to get a babolat bag for my yonex racquet and other racquets, but I ended up getting TW bag. Cheap, fits everything, and is neutral in brand.

Nitro
04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
The best neutral bag is far and away Pacific, spacious, well made and looks great.

I just wish that Wilson would start make less ugly bags. The kPro bags make me want to hurl. Who puts patent leather on a tennis bag? When is that ever a good idea?

CAM178
04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I get bags based on:
1. matching the racquet brand
2. space: has to fit everything I might need for a week-long tournament, if need be
3. color: I don't want a dark bag living in TX. I try to get as much white as possible in it.
4. backpack straps: it's how I like to carry my bags. If they don't have these, I don't get it.
5. aesthetics: has to look good.

babar
04-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I just got a new Nike bag since I only wear Nike stuff. I change racquets too frequently to keep a bag that matches my stick. I guess I am fickle that way.

zebano
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Nope, just whatever works. For the longest time I just tossed 2 rackets + a backpack in the back of the car. Then last year I found a used 3 racket bag for $2 at a garage sale which I promptly bought. I quickly learned that I cannot fit first aid gear, water, balls, rackets, extra t-shirt, towel, granola bar, banana, etc. into that little bag so I bought a Prince 12 racket bag (I only carry 3 rackets) for $25 from the classifieds section here. My rackets are Wilson, the bag is prince.... oh well.

fridrix
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Get a bag to match to your racket. You look more intimidating. And get one of those huge ones because it makes you look even more intimidating.

Ahaha don't forget the stencil and rosin.

mitsuki
04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
i used to use a head tour bag, but when i switched to the MG extremes, i also bought the bag to match.

ryangoring
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
The best neutral bag is far and away Pacific, spacious, well made and looks great.

I just wish that Wilson would start make less ugly bags. The kPro bags make me want to hurl. Who puts patent leather on a tennis bag? When is that ever a good idea?

AGREED!! I HAVE THE TEN PACK AND IT FITS EVERYTHING I NEED!! HMMMMM WILSON RACKETS, GOSEN STRING, TOURNA GRIP.........NOW I NEED IS SOME TYPE OF PACIFIC GEAR TO MATCH THE BAG I OWN!!
MAN WHO CARES ABOUT MATCHING!!

ClubHoUno
05-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I buy the best looking bag, that at the same time fullfills my needs for a bag. I change rackets far too often to be able to match my bag to my rackets anyway. I play with rackets from both Wilson, Babolat and Head - I like to test different brands of rackets, but have yet to find a bag that is as good as the great Wilson Pro Super SIX Limited Federer edition.

Tarboro
05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
For the first time in my tennis career I bought a bag that matched my frames about six months ago. Then I switched back to Head racquets from Prince, so I guess I only matched for a couple of months.

Oh well, life's too short to worry about stuff like matching bag to frame. I carried my last bag, a Nike, for 10 years before it got too broken down and stinky for continued use. I fully expect to keep this one at least that long.

iplaybetter
05-08-2008, 07:18 AM
i use the tecnifibre tour bag, i bought it becuas i got the sticks but i now belive it to be one of th ebst bags on the market

smO
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
AGREED!! I HAVE THE TEN PACK AND IT FITS EVERYTHING I NEED!! HMMMMM WILSON RACKETS, GOSEN STRING, TOURNA GRIP.........NOW I NEED IS SOME TYPE OF PACIFIC GEAR TO MATCH THE BAG I OWN!!
MAN WHO CARES ABOUT MATCHING!!

NO NEED FOR CAPS LOCK.

Dwhit
05-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Let's be honest here, 'let your tennis do the talking' isn't enough for many of us.

By matching bag and racket brands, we feel bringing a professional approach to our game will in turn result in a more professional game.

I bought a Wilson Super Six bag to match my N blades only to change to Dunlop less than a month later!

Pro Staff Pete
05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
^^ And did you get a new Dunlop bag? :)

I've always used Wilson racquets and my first bag was a Wilson bag. I've had them in different colours (red, orange, black, blue) and different sizes.. just sticking to them because I like them. Never thought of changing brands.. and not even about changing racquet brand which would lead to a new bag.

symon_say
05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
My first and only bag was buy cause i get a good deal, and it result to be what i need, y can pack 6 raq and all my gear.

Now i try to match my raquets to my bag thats why i only buy wilson raquets :P, but i'm a casual player so one or two raquets are great for me.

hoodjem
05-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I use a Wilson Pro Staff B&W bag, because my racquet is a PS.

Makes sense to me.

Dwhit
05-10-2008, 02:11 PM
^^ And did you get a new Dunlop bag? :)

I've always used Wilson racquets and my first bag was a Wilson bag. I've had them in different colours (red, orange, black, blue) and different sizes.. just sticking to them because I like them. Never thought of changing brands.. and not even about changing racquet brand which would lead to a new bag.

Nope, i've held out almost six months, but with summer just around the corner, I'm craving a bag to match my bats!

I'm actually putting my bag up for trade as we speak in search of a Dunlop bag.

Babb
05-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Bag that looks good. And preferably one made by a company that doesn't do racquets (like Sergio Tacchini), so I won't have to buy a new one when I change racquets :D

Nitro
05-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Do you have a Sergio Tacchini bag? Could we see some pics?

TonyB
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
With the number of times people change racquets, I can't imagine they'd keep switching bags just to keep them matched up.

I say find a good bag and don't worry about the label on the outside, unless you're sponsored.

ryangoring
05-10-2008, 03:59 PM
NO NEED FOR CAPS LOCK.

cool beans :-?

AlpineCadet
05-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Did you guys know.......... that this thread dates back to 2006?

jjrl2004
05-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Im sponsored by HEAD...they give me large discounts

tom_asdelonge182
05-12-2008, 09:03 PM
wasn't it 2004? I've only used Wilson racquets, so i just bought the Wilson red super pro 6 bag. Then at rebels sports, when i bought my k90, they gave me a free black one. so yeah

Ferrari1190
05-13-2008, 12:38 PM
one that looks good

greenfan
05-14-2008, 02:44 AM

I say find a good bag and don't worry about the label on the outside, unless you're sponsored.

I totally agree. I play with a HEAD racket and I'm thinking of buying a new HEAD bag, a Babolat bag looks an excellent choice as well...

progman_2000
05-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Love Babolat bags - never played with a racquet other than Prince

ryangoring
05-14-2008, 05:24 AM
one that looks good

How do I try to become a member of the pete sampras dampener club?

Loco4Tennis
05-14-2008, 05:30 AM

i was right with-ya untril you said pink :-)
no self respecting 1 hander would be cought sporting a pink bag :-)