PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new racquet

Nikeman0092
07-05-2004, 08:08 AM
I am 14 years old with over 4 years of experience. I play with a lot of power and spin and need to find a new racquet because my old Prince TT Warrior is a little old. So far I have demoed the Prince Tour Diablo, the Head LiquidMetal Radical OS, the Babolat Pure Drive Plus, and the Wilson Hyper Pro Staff Surge. So far I am leaning towards the Pure drive and the Tour Diablo. The problem is that there are so many new racquets out I don't know which ones to demo. Have I demoed enough or are there more racquets I should try?

raven5288
07-05-2004, 09:04 AM
if you have a lot of power and spin, try out the LM prestige MP. This stick rewards you with lots of control and feel if you have your fundamentals down. It's an absolute monster with serving. If you want more feel with your volleys, go for the mid size version. If those aren't good reasons, it just looks kick ***. xp

ambro
07-05-2004, 10:14 AM
I am exactly like you. 14 years old, about 4 years of serious playing, and was looking for a new racquet. I bought one PD+, and one Prince More Control MP. I use the PD+ for serving and MC for returning, and seem to break serve more than I actually hold serve. I can't serve too well with the MC, so that is why I don't use it both ways (I use lots of spin on my first and second serves, and the MC cannot generate enough spin on serves for me. Spin on groundstrokes is as much if not more than the PD+ IMO.) I'd recommend the Prince More Control MP if you can generate your own spin on serves, otherwise, I'd recommend the LM Rad MP. I demoed my friends for about 45 minutes and it was wonderful.

Nikeman0092
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I tried the More Control a while back when before I got my Warrior but the played pretty much the same except the More Control was lighter. I didn't seem to get enough power on my serves with the more control. I've already tried the LM Rad OS but somehow missed almost every overhead and just could seem to get my serves in. Although I did like the spin and power I had on my groundstrokes I like the Tour Diablo and Bab Pure Drive. I usually don't have a problem holding serve with any racquet I play with.

Feņa14
07-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes you guessed it, POG!!!!! :D

-Liam

Nikeman0092
07-05-2004, 11:17 AM
What is POG?

!<-_->!
07-05-2004, 12:03 PM
POG = Prince Original Graphite

raven5288
07-05-2004, 12:34 PM
dude, don't use 2 different racquets for serving and returning. You'll never be as good if you just pick one.

ambro
07-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Well usually I just use my More Control but I can't serve as well with it. I am working on serves with it but when I am not serving too well with it, which is about 25-30% of the time, I switch racquets. I am trying to go to one exclusively, but not yet.

Nikeman0092
07-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I tryed the new graphite and didn't like it so would the older one be any better?

!<-_->!
07-05-2004, 05:58 PM
The Classic is far more superior than the new NXG. Although I have only tried the NXG (didn't like it at all. no feel) the Classic is probably still better.

Nikeman0092
07-06-2004, 01:33 PM
I tried the old graphite a long time ago but I can't remember how it played. Maybe I will try it again but it is kinda hard to find now.