PDA

View Full Version : NBC Coverage

tnig469
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I honestly think NBC coverage is better than the ESPN coverage...due to the fact they dont switch matches every 2 secs...anyone else wish it was just on NBC all the time?

bribeiro
06-03-2006, 11:06 AM
i have comcast cable, and I cant find nbc lol, what channel is it for you guys?

Rafferty
06-03-2006, 11:08 AM
it just switched back to espn

armand
06-03-2006, 11:12 AM
No way. The commentating booth may be better(and Bud Collins too) but I like how they update important moments on ESPN by switching there and getting a quick recap(even if it is from Jensen).

Couple of questions: What the hell was on NBC earlier that they only began coverage at noon?
And what the heck does Johnny Mac do during the week(since NBC is only on during the weekends)? I liked how USA had Mac during the week. ESPN should acquire his services finally.

dmastous
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
i have comcast cable, and I cant find nbc lol, what channel is it for you guys?
That depends on what city you live in (if you live in the US). NBC is on different channels in different cities. Here in Boston it's Channel 7, but in LA channel 7 is ABC (for instance).

siber222000
06-03-2006, 11:28 AM
who won between blake and monfils? i oculdn't watch the rest when monfils was winning

raftermania
06-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Blake and Monfils is still going on.

I just realized how much I miss Johnny Mac.

tennistensai
06-03-2006, 11:37 AM
i just checked and nbc (which is channel 4 here in so-cal) is doing areana football??

HollerOne5
06-03-2006, 11:40 AM
The NBC coverage sucks, and thankfully we were lucky enough that a live, entertaining match happened to be taking place during their pathetic 3 hour coverage. Otherwise, like previous years, they would have showed re-hashed games from all the matches taped. And since NBC has the weekend deal, they get to show coverage FIRST each day, rather than ESPN, on Saturdays and Sundays. Its unfortunate, because ESPN could have brought us the 5am coverage live again.

skip1969
06-03-2006, 12:32 PM
The NBC coverage sucks, and thankfully we were lucky enough that a live, entertaining match happened to be taking place during their pathetic 3 hour coverage. Otherwise, like previous years, they would have showed re-hashed games from all the matches taped. And since NBC has the weekend deal, they get to show coverage FIRST each day, rather than ESPN, on Saturdays and Sundays. Its unfortunate, because ESPN could have brought us the 5am coverage live again.
i kindof have to agree with you, just based on historical context. nbc goes a little stupid unless they are dealing with a live match. when they start piecing together taped matches and silly editiorials . . . i cringe.

i humbly quote myself, from another thread.

"so, nbc does a decent job today (they lucked out that the nadal mathieu match took forever and a day, or else they would've been stuck showing a taped match of a completed women's match OR WORSE FOR THEM a live men's match between europeans or spaniards. that would've KILLED them). luckily for them, they got some of nadal AND some of blake, live. bet they were breathing a huge sigh of relief.

and it's getting to the end of their coverage . . . blake wins the second set tie-break . . . and the match is called for darkness . . . nbc, big winner all arouund. see you all tomorrow!"

today, the stars aligned for nbc. and we, the fans, were the big winners.

armand
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I've taken the time to give feedback to NBC about their coverage. I think constructive emails are served best here, so I've avoided using bold red fonts and overzealous uses of the exclamation point.

Sports@MSNBC.com

Email them if you want change!

PS It may help if you pretend to be a casual fan!

Edit: 2,000th post! Wooohoooooo?

simi
06-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I've taken the time to give feedback to NBC about their coverage.

E-mail just sent. I enjoyed the coverage today and thanked them for sticking with the Nadal/Mathieu match when they could have switched to the Blake match.

J-man
06-03-2006, 03:27 PM
The only good thing about tennis on NBC for me is it's in HD.