PDA

View Full Version : Don't get so giddy Fed fans, he will be tested too.

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Get all happy that Nadal had a tough match, don't worry your boy will get his soon. Everyone will get their test before arriving to the final. Fed's test could be Berdych or Nalbandian. So don't get too comfy. It was a rough ride for us today. You'll get your turn soon. All I have to say, don't talk smack until Nadal is either beaten before the final or beaten by your man Fed. Then you can trash talk till the cows come home.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
You make it sound like this board is a Fed-Nadal confrontation zone. If that is the case it is truly sad.

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 01:38 PM
You weren't aware?

Michael Haller
06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Get all happy that Nadal had a tough match, don't worry your boy will get his soon. ....

Hewitt in the final could be tough for Fedex ...

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Hewitt in the final could be tough for Fedex ...

...and then you woke up.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Federer has already had a tough match, his match with Massu. That was more dangerous near the end then the Nadal match probably.

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I think Massu just gave the first 2 sets just because he became "wide-eyed" with Federer on the other side of the net, when he realized that he was getting destroyed he just figured, "what the hell let's start ripping some shots" and let's see if I lose 6-4 or 7-5 in the 3rd set. Turns out, he actually snuck out a break when Fed was serving for the match, Fed went to sleep for a few moments in the end of the 3rd set, gave Massu some life and took it in a tiebreak. All of a sudden his lapse in concentration meant that he would have to actually fight to win the 4th set. Mathieu came from the first point ready to pull off an upset, he wasn't over-awed by the moment. He had the crowd to pump him up and just go for broke against a guy he is not favored against. It almost worked.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Well I think Fed started playing alot worse in the 3rd and 4th sets vs Massu as well. In the first two sets he had only 13 unforced errors, but in the last two sets over 30.

BabolatFan
06-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Get all happy that Nadal had a tough match, don't worry your boy will get his soon. Everyone will get their test before arriving to the final. Fed's test could be Berdych or Nalbandian. So don't get too comfy. It was a rough ride for us today. You'll get your turn soon. All I have to say, don't talk smack until Nadal is either beaten before the final or beaten by your man Fed. Then you can trash talk till the cows come home.
I do respect your enthusiastic support for Nadal who's great on clay but don't have any big weapons on hardcourts. It'd be funny if he loses the 1st round at wimbledon. Just so you know, I was talking smack today among my buddies and thought Nadal was vulnerable against Mathieu. He will get tested again by Hewitt. Federer will take care of business in the finals even if Nadal wins over Hewitt. :p

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I do respect your enthusiastic support for Nadal who's great on clay but don't have any big weapons on hardcourts. It'd be funny if he loses the 1st round at wimbledon. Just so you know, I was talking smack today among my buddies and thought Nadal was vulnerable against Mathieu. He will get tested again by Hewitt. Federer will take care of business in the finals even if Nadal wins over Hewitt. :p

Really? Based on what? So far I haven't seen him beat Nadal any final this year, hard or clay. =) =P to you too.

verker-er
06-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Agreed that Fed is going to face some tough tests. Having said that I think that a player like Berdych is more of a threat to Fed on a fast hard court than on clay.

For him to win he has to hit Federer of the court. Unlikely on a slow court in a best of 5 set match.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm not giddy. I see that Fed is for 1 head higher than everybody when he is in his zone. But sometimes he also lose when by some unknown reasons he starts to worry and goes out of his zone.

I wish he has got Nadal complex and I want he free himself from that soon.

What differ Federer, Santoro from Nadals, Matthews, Hewits, Roddicks, Safins and many others that apart of hard boxing on the court they also have got what is called tennis and feeling of the ball.

arosen
06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
The only thing that I get from your post, Cu nt Grishnackh, is that for some reason when you watch Rafa play you feel the need to mention Fed. Could it be that you are actually afraid that Rafa may lose at the French? Is that it?

Count Grishnackh
06-03-2006, 04:17 PM
The only thing that I get from your post, Cu nt Grishnackh, is that for some reason when you watch Rafa play you feel the need to mention Fed. Could it be that you are actually afraid that Rafa may lose at the French? Is that it?

Very classy. Did I disrespect you? I didn't say anything personal to you. Watch what you say alright? I'm not afraid of Nadal losing at the French, at Wimby, sure. But all this is product of the Fed fans obnoxious behavior, constant a s s kissing and excuses for every loss he suffers to Nadal.

simi
06-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Is it possible to be a fan of both Nadal and Federer? I know that I am. The Nadal match today was one of the better matches so far in this tournament. It didn't look like Rafa was his usual self, and he was still able to win. Good job by both players today.

HollerOne5
06-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Is it possible to be a fan of both Nadal and Federer? I know that I am. The Nadal match today was one of the better matches so far in this tournament. It didn't look like Rafa was his usual self, and he was still able to win. Good job by both players today.

I'm a fan of both, as to more of the point, I think they are better than the rest of the field in most tournaments, and I like the way their styles contradict each other. It makes for entertaining and high quality tennis, and hopefully they will continue to reach finals vs. each other assuming Nadal can handle the field on some other surfaces.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm not afraid of Nadal losing at the French, at Wimby, sure.

If you are a Nadal fan you should not be going into Wimbledon with any nerves as he doesnt have a wing or a prayer there anyway. Just accept in your mind he wont be around after the first week and you will be fine. Having nerves for Nadal going into Wimbledon is like having nerves for Donald Young going into any slam event.

BabolatFan
06-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Really? Based on what? So far I haven't seen him beat Nadal any final this year, hard or clay. =) =P to you too.

Um...hello? Nadal got beat by blake at PacificLife. I have nothing against Nadal. Like I said, he's talented in some departments but he doesn't have any big and effective weapons on hardcourt. Sure he's fast and fit. Let's focus on FO here first. Then we'll talk wimbledon and facts coz Wimbledon is a different beast.

tlm
06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Thats all the fed fans have left is wimbledon.

D-man
06-04-2006, 08:19 AM

sad, isn't it

federerhoogenbandfan
06-04-2006, 08:21 AM
LOL! Wimbledon and the U.S Open at the very least Fed fans still have, and it is too early to tell on the Australian as well. Maybe all Nadal fans have is the French. :)

Fedexeon
06-04-2006, 08:41 AM

Whats wrong wif you? Are you trying to provoke anyone? Will that satisfy you?
Yes, i'm a Federer fans, but i didn't feel anything special because Nadal struggled his last match and Federer just cruised in his match. I'm just glad that Federer has won. Why you must think that we, Federer fans feel happy when Nadal plays badly? Theres really sumting wrong with you. (not other Nadal fans)

federerforever
06-04-2006, 08:41 AM
LOL! Wimbledon and the U.S Open at the very least Fed fans still have, and it is too early to tell on the Australian as well. Maybe all Nadal fans have is the French. :)
At the moment it seems like Nadal fans have nothing. I think Federer is going to win the French because Federer is playing a bunch of chokers and he will have more energy when he gets to the final than Nadal. Actaully I am even starting to doubt that Nadal will get to the final. And all this is coming from a Fed hater but I am being realistic. This is a very sad state in tennis right now. Federer will turn out to be GOAT which is complete nonsense. Ther real GOAT here is Borg because he has won 6 times the most difficult and important Grand Slam, French Open that is. Until Federer does this anybody who will keep on calling Federer a GOAT does not really understand the significance of Borg's accomplishments. Not to mention the fact that Borg actually had real rivals in his time. All that Federer has is one dimensional baseline chokers who can't return a weak serve to save their life and Nadal.

tlm
06-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Nadal fans have nothing?How about 3 straight final victories over fed this year,by the way one was on hardcourt.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-04-2006, 11:13 AM
At the moment it seems like Nadal fans have nothing. I think Federer is going to win the French because Federer is playing a bunch of chokers and he will have more energy when he gets to the final than Nadal. Actaully I am even starting to doubt that Nadal will get to the final. And all this is coming from a Fed hater but I am being realistic. This is a very sad state in tennis right now. Federer will turn out to be GOAT which is complete nonsense. Ther real GOAT here is Borg because he has won 6 times the most difficult and important Grand Slam, French Open that is. Until Federer does this anybody who will keep on calling Federer a GOAT does not really understand the significance of Borg's accomplishments. Not to mention the fact that Borg actually had real rivals in his time. All that Federer has is one dimensional baseline chokers who can't return a weak serve to save their life and Nadal.

Well I am a Fed fan and I dont think he is the GOAT right now, not even close. I think Borg should be over Sampras though.

BabolatFan
06-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Ok now Berdych is out of the way. Haha.

Galactus
06-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm afraid to say, you're full of *****.
Federer is BREEZING through the open...not tired at all. Not even looking tired.
Here is the difference between the two players:
Nadal is slowly being worn down...Hewitt is only going to add to that....if Monfils can win an easy one tomorrow....he'll meet Nadal and add even more to this.

Federer is going to humiliate Nadal on Chartrier next weekend, I guarantee it...

tlm
06-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Ya i know nadal has a lot tougher draw,but he will still win.You guarantee fed will win,well you should go put a couple thousand dollars on it then.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Ya i know nadal has a lot tougher draw,but he will still win.You guarantee fed will win,well you should go put a couple thousand dollars on it then.

If you are so sure Nadal will win, maybe you should be the one putting a few thousand on it.

yo_3133
06-04-2006, 04:49 PM
what dou you want to achieve with this?? cant you take fed out of your mind????????????????????

OrangeOne
06-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Hoorah! Yay for you, simi. This is possibly my favourite *ever* Fed / Nadal post.

For the record, I couldn't agree more with you too :D

tlm
06-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I never said that nadal will win guaranteed,nadal might not even get there, he should but who knows.

Galactus is the one making guarantees,he even says fed is going to humiliate nadal.Now that is the bet i will take,fed humiliate nadal on clay.Only a fed dreamer could say something that stupid.

superman1
06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
That's the first sensible thing you've ever said, tlm.

Federer will never "humiliate" Nadal in any match, even if they play on grass. Nadal is too good for that. I'm picking Federer to win the French over Nadal, but it will undoubtedly be another long, tough match for both guys.

OrangeOne
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
That's the first sensible thing you've ever said, tlm.

Federer will never "humiliate" Nadal in any match, even if they play on grass. Nadal is too good for that. I'm picking Federer to win the French over Nadal, but it will undoubtedly be another long, tough match for both guys.

What about the good-old adage of "never say never". If these two guys play at the level they are right now for the next few years, they're going to play each other a bunch of times. If they play enough times, there's bound to be a humiliation or three in their history. I'm not saying that most of their matches, assuming they maintain the current rage, shouldn't be great contests.... I'm just saying, well, never say never.

Tennis_Goodness
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
This is the first real rivial for Federer, and people are hoping Nadal will be the savior of tennis but in reality it's not going to happend.

Federer is going to cointinue to win 1, 2, maybe even 3 slams every year for many many years. Nadal might win some too and win the french a few times but he cannot stop Federers domination over mens tennis and just like last year the Nadal fans will be proven wrong!

federerhoogenbandfan
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I dont agree people in general are cheering for Nadal to be the savior of tennis by winning everything. That does not make sense, if you find one winning everything boring, the other winning everything is boring too.

OrangeOne
06-04-2006, 08:23 PM
This is the first real rivial for Federer, and people are hoping Nadal will be the savior of tennis but in reality it's not going to happend.

Personally, I feel Federer may just be the best player to ever hit a ball. That's just my opinion. I hope he does win many more slams, I really enjoy watching him play, and he's a gracious and polite winner.

That said, I'm seen enough of life to know that saying....

Federer is going to cointinue to win 1, 2, maybe even 3 slams every year for many many years...

...is silly fan-talk. It may happen, and it currently seems likely.... But, alternately, maybe a hardcourter with abilties comparable to the current clay-abilties of Nadal or the grass-abilities of sampras/federer will suddenly pop-up at the US, win it at his first attempt, win the AO as well, and then dominate hardcourts for the next few years? Maybe Federer will quit in 2007 with Clijsters? Maybe he'll get injured? Maybe he'll change to Basketball?

Life is way to complex for people to say that "because XYZ has happened once or twice, it will happen for years".

mileslong
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
and the australian and the us open and every other non clay event there
is. all nadal has is clay, fed never gets the chance to beat his arse on anything but clay because nadal is average on every other surface.

fed is the second best player in the world on clay and best on every other surface. nadal is the best on clay and around 20th on every other surface, thats the difference...

Zeph
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Berdych? I didnt expect much from him on clay, and as i thought, federer steamrolled him.

Massu put up a good fight against fed, that was his tough one.

uno banana
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
all nadal has is clay, fed never gets the chance to beat his arse on anything but clay because nadal is average on every other surface.

average?
SHEEESH he HAS had success on hardcourts too...:mad:
but i know people like to---i mean want to--- i mean...happen to...forget this

NOTE: I am NOT saying he is better than federer on these surfaces...
so be nice :D

dh003i
06-04-2006, 09:55 PM
well, the difference between Federer and Nadal right now is about 3000 points in the rankings, and 6 grand slams.

Sure, Nadal has a very good head-to-head record against Federer. So what? Federer's still one of the greatest ever, and talking about Nadal as if he's Borg is extremely premature.

When Nadal has won 7 grand slams by the time he's 24, then we can start talking about him as one of the greatest ever players. When he's been number one for as long as Fed has, etc.

This is nothing against Nadal's current accomplishment -- it's just stating a fact that it is early to start talking about greatest ever.

By the way, the breakdown of Federer vs. Nadal, imo:

Federer: by far and away the best on grass; best on hard-courts as well; 2nd best on clay

Nadal: best on clay; great on hard-courts; mediocre on grass.

Sure, Nadal has a winning record against Federer on hard-courts, but Federer has narrowed the gap on clay, and what would you rather have: a winning h2h record, or more slams on a surface?

superman1
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
When people say Nadal is the best on clay, it's not by much of a margin. There's Nadal, Federer right on his tail, then there's everyone else light years behind. And Federer puts in less effort and wins his matches on clay more easily than Nadal, so make of that what you will. On every other surface, Federer is light years away from everyone else, including Nadal. Nadal can be taken out by ANYONE on hardcourts if they're having a good day. He loses 1st round at Cincinatti, loses early at the US Open, loses 1st round in the Nasdaq...he's probably the 2nd or 3rd best hardcourter, though.

BabolatFan
06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok now Berdych is out of the way. Haha.

Ok Ancic's out now...

Viper
06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
And when you said "tested" you meant what?

jackson vile
06-06-2006, 03:50 PM

BS Fed will not get a test, everyone he is playing at the French are people that he is familar with and beats regularly.

This tournament is draw so that it is easiest for him.

Nadal has faced and will face the best players of the FO, the draw is more than lopsided. Nadal playing many new people that are very very good, this IMO is the worst draw that Nadal could have gotten while Roger got the best draw that he could have hopped for.

Heck Roger almost got tooken out by a 152# player, what the heck is that about how sad:rolleyes:

dh003i
06-06-2006, 04:21 PM
jackson vile,

I don't know what the heck you're talking about. Sure, you could argue Nadal is facing some unfamiliar opponents. So what? Federer is facing better opponents, like Nalbandian. Most people thought Federer had the tougher draw, or that they both had equally tough draws.

FedererUberAlles
06-06-2006, 04:23 PM
BS Fed will not get a test, everyone he is playing at the French are people that he is familar with and beats regularly.

This tournament is draw so that it is easiest for him.

Nadal has faced and will face the best players of the FO, the draw is more than lopsided. Nadal playing many new people that are very very good, this IMO is the worst draw that Nadal could have gotten while Roger got the best draw that he could have hopped for.

Heck Roger almost got tooken out by a 152# player, what the heck is that about how sad:rolleyes:

Almost=straight sets?

tlm
06-06-2006, 05:15 PM
To dh003i,you are correct lets see how many slams nadal will have by the time he is 24.I have no predictions on how many he will have,who knows.

But that is the point nadal has 1 already+4 years to work on more.Fed didnt win one until he was 22,so i dont think it is fair to compare gs yet.Only time will tell.

jackson vile
06-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I think Nadal can win the FO and AO regularly, he should have been at the AO, he would have taken fed out in 4 IMO. I hate acerebound, it is so damn jumpy especially when it is hot and humid and I am a spiner:rolleyes:

I would think Nadal would not have to work as hard and this surface and that when he wanted he could kick the ball so high you could not even slice it?