PDA

View Full Version : Blake-Monfils, match suspended

Zeph
06-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Why did Blake as to suspend the match to tmw? From the looks of it he had huge momentum behind him and Monfils play was going downhill. I understand that it was getting dark. Though from what i saw, there was plenty of light, now this could just due to the camera, but they could definately of kept going.

Since Blake seemed to take control during the closing games of set 2, he was returning well and ripping his forehand, I dont understand why he didnt try to take a commanding lead in the third set in preparation for tmw. He might have been able to get up 3-1 or 4-1 possibly even 5-1,2. Monfils was on the defensive the entire time of the tiebreaker.

Its just hard to see Blake pass up on an oppurtunity that might cost him later. Or maybe I just wanted to see more of Blake today instead of waiting for tmw.

D-man
06-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I think Blake was wise to try to suspend it when he was mentally ready instead of having the officials suspend it soon after, maybe.... but I might have to agree with you after all...

Zeph
06-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Argh, im so annoyed.

I cant believe blake lost.

He definately should have continued his match yesterday. Monfils was playing welll today though, hitting passing shots left and right.

I guess Blake just cant pick up the clay court game. Half his shots would be winners on hard...