PDA

View Full Version : Diablo MP demo

rooski
07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone think this racket plays waaaaaay lighter than it's listed weight? I was amazed how light and unsubstantial the Diablo MP played. It was like I was playing with a 10 oz, 19mm frame. The ball felt like it was moving the racket around instead of vice versa.

I'm sure the racket could be customized but I'm not into putting massive amounts of lead tape on rackets. It kind of reminded me of the 300g. Anybody else have this experience???

Also FWIW....the feel of the racket was numb...almost like it was made out of hard rubber.

Brent Pederson
07-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Funny you should mention it, I demoed it last week and after an hour my major impression was that it was almost exactly the same feel as a 300g...

ffrpg
07-05-2004, 01:05 PM
I currently have a demo of the Diablo and the LM Prestige. You're right, the Diablo does feel rather light. The Diablo is suppose to be slightly lighter than the LM Prestige (according to the listed specs) but it certainly doesn't feel that way (the Diablo feels extremely lighter). It feels like there's a bigger gap in weight between the two despite their listed weights.

tetsuo10
07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
You really need to look at the swingweights and balance as well. Both the Diablo MP and 300G have low swingweights while the Prestige's is higher.

rooski
07-05-2004, 03:17 PM
You really need to look at the swingweights and balance as well. Both the Diablo MP and 300G have low swingweights while the Prestige's is higher.

Since you bring it up, the LM Prestige MP vs the Diablo MP have listed swing weight points of 325 vs 316. Only 9 pts.....but the Diablo feels like its only 299. For an 11.7 oz racket (supposedly) I thought it would be much more substantial and solid feeling. You would expect the 10.8 oz 300g to feel the way it does but not a racket near 12 oz.s.

tetsuo10
07-05-2004, 07:19 PM
I know what you mean. I use a Diablo MP and it's seems lighter than the 11.7 oz that TW states. I don't that that's quite right, as Prince lists it unstrung at 10.9 oz. That must be some really heavy strings they used. String pattern is only 16 x 18. I went and put a bunch a lead tape to make it closer to the Diablo Mid in weight anyways.

Hyperstate
07-05-2004, 10:44 PM
The Diablo MP is a very headlight racquet. It just doesn't have enuff mass. The frame really vibrates and feels tinny on off-centre shots. I've added a total of 5 grams of lead tape at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, with about 8 grams at the buttcap. Yeah, yeah, it spoils the look but it plays waaay better now.