PDA

View Full Version : I must say

Steven87
06-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Nalbandian has to be steadiest so far in the French. His strokes are so consistent and his stamina seperates him from most players. I enjoy watching him most in RG so far

HyperHorse
06-04-2006, 01:29 AM
pity you havent learnt anything from him, after watching your video that u posted in your "rate my hits" thread....
and you havent made any replies either....
did u read what the guys had to say?

Defcon
06-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Yes, the fat one is pretty steady :) Another thing he's very consistent at - he doesn't like winning or losing in straight sets.

Feņa14
06-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Davydenko is looking better to me.

Beating Moya pretty handily on clay was pretty good, not to mention beating the 2004 champion today.

He's dropped 1 set in reaching the quarters and his match against Nalbandian is going to be 50/50. Davydenko could argue that he is the favourite to win that one too. I'm looking forward to see how he goes this week.

siber222000
06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes, the fat one is pretty steady :) Another thing he's very consistent at - he doesn't like winning or losing in straight sets.
yeah he really doesn't like to lose in straight set thats for sure

arosen
06-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Russian players generally love playing in Paris, Nikolai is no exception. The parisian clay really fits his back court hustle everyting game. He has a good shot at Nalby, and perhaps even at Fed?

Feņa14
06-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Russian players generally love playing in Paris, Nikolai is no exception. The parisian clay really fits his back court hustle everyting game. He has a good shot at Nalby, and perhaps even at Fed?

Possibly he could give Federer a few problems. He played well against Federer in Australia and an upset looked a real possibility at one stage, this was partly due to the fact Federer was playing awful but it appeared Davydenko was making him make more mistakes with his constant power hitting from both wings and not allowing Federer much time.

Add to the fact that it is on clay that Davydenko loves makes me think that it could be a nice battle.

LowProfile
06-04-2006, 12:47 PM
He'll choke soon. This always happens. He occasionally plays deep into a big tournament with a very impressive and solid showing, and then totally and randomly melts down near the end. It's only a matter of time.