PDA

View Full Version : Odd behaviour at French Open..

pound cat
06-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Ancic and deCapreville fight, Ancic pushes the umpire.

Nalbandanian is nasty and cranky, racket tossing in Tursonov match.

Nadal was irritated by the umpire in the Mathieu match (he did have trouble finding the right mark a coupe of times) In fact he pushed him out of the way and gestured "This is the mark"

Lots of pushing of the ref this Slam...and fighting...is tennis the "gentleman's" sport no longer?

conjunctivitis
06-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Nah these players are usually very nice from what we can see...maybe it's the heat or the crowd...but I think it's mostly the intensity of the matches, the 5-setters and all

highsierra
06-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Gentlemen's game no more. Pros are only a reflection of the general population (or vice verse I don't know). Look at the people on this board and I'm not suprised at how the game has evolved.

vive le beau jeu !
06-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Ancic and deCapreville fight, Ancic pushes the umpire.

Nalbandanian is nasty and cranky, racket tossing in Tursonov match.

Nadal was irritated by the umpire in the Mathieu match (he did have trouble finding the right mark a coupe of times) In fact he pushed him out of the way and gestured "This is the mark"

Lots of pushing of the ref this Slam...and fighting...is tennis the "gentleman's" sport no longer?
well... compared to other sports, that's not terrible for the moment ! ;)

although he didn't really push him a lot, that was pretty impertinent from nadal...

i missed the nalbandian stuff... may you explain it to me ?

croatian sensation
06-04-2006, 05:09 AM
What heat? ;-) 64 F is freezing, compared to how it should be in June.

But yeah, they are acting strangely. I agree that it's probably because it's a Slam.

slice bh compliment
06-04-2006, 05:17 AM
"...With so much drama at the Roland G...."
Weirdness rulin' in the gay Par-is...

True, pound cat...

Full moon, and it looks red.
Dark sun.
And that cryptic banana reference in Revelation came true, too.

"It's the end of the world as we know it."