PDA

View Full Version : what did federer say about nadals uncle?

TurbeauxTiger
06-04-2006, 09:43 AM
im watching the federer-berdych match and they said that federer thought nadals unclke was cheating? whats this all about?

Saito
06-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I believe there is speculation about Nadal's uncle/coach coaching him during his (Nadal's) matches, which is illegal. But to his defense, it's been said that all his uncle is doing is urging him on, saying things like "Come on!" and "Let's get going!" It would be shady though, if he was coaching, but he probably isn't. The officials would have done something by now if he was, but he has only received warnings to my knowledge.

Did Fed say something about it? I thought it was just media speculation?

Warriorroger
06-04-2006, 09:49 AM
So what if they're coaching, it would make things more interesting.

sliceroni
06-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Fed got annoyed that his was his uncle yelling "Vamos!" very frequently and mayb have been yelling other things and he just felt it was unfair. Maybe some resentment that he (Fed) doesn't have a full-time coach or doesn't need one, I mean the guy had the best season ever reaching No.1 and winning 3 slams in a calendar yr without one. Whatever the case maybe what's said was said and the next time they play the officials will take note of it and watch his uncle closely and I'm sure that will tone his uncle down. Maybe this was a psyche from Fed, who knows but this type of drama definitely makes it more fun to watch, for me anyways.

HollerOne5
06-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Fed got annoyed that his was his uncle yelling "Vamos!" very frequently and mayb have been yelling other things and he just felt it was unfair. Maybe some resentment that he (Fed) doesn't have a full-time coach or doesn't need one, I mean the guy had the best season ever reaching No.1 and winning 3 slams in a calendar yr without one. Whatever the case maybe what's said was said and the next time they play the officials will take note of it and watch his uncle closely and I'm sure that will tone his uncle down. Maybe this was a psyche from Fed, who knows but this type of drama definitely makes it more fun to watch, for me anyways.

I think its more resentment to the fact that he was losing at the time and lost the match.

tlm
06-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Fed is a ****ing crybaby period!Uncle tony was coaching they were cheating,what a pathetic poor loser he is.

He is so stupid that he doesnt even know how bad this crying makes him look.Was it because of uncle tony that fed choked when it counted

What a joke,fed is this, he is that.But when it comes to crunch time he melts down+then has enough nerve to blame it on nadals coach!

pound cat
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
On ESPN Bud Collins said this (yesterday)

"I asked Roger what he meant when after he lost to Nadal in Rome he called to the stands "Are you satis fied now, Tony?"

Federer said he was talking to Uncle Toni, not Tony Roche, meaning that Uncle Toni's supposed coaching of Nadal had cost federer the title.

Shameful thing for Federer to have said, and to have admitted publicly. IMO. If he's in the final I hope he loses.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-04-2006, 02:13 PM
On ESPN Bud Collins said this (yesterday)

"I asked Roger what he meant when after he lost to Nadal in Rome he called to the stands "Are you satis fied now, Tony?"

Federer said he was talking to Uncle Toni, not Tony Roche, meaning that hUncle Toni's dupposed coaching of Nadal had cost federer the title.

Shameful thing for Federer to have said, and to have admitted publicly. IMO. If he's in the final I hope he loses.

I don't agree with u, pound cat. I remember dramatic final in chess championship between Karpov and Kasparov somewhen 23-22 years ago. One of them was blaming another side that he was invited one parapsychologist who constantly was influencing on him somehow.

When the crowd is supporting one of 2 players - it is OK, it's their choice. But when one of members of yr opponent's team is trying making u nervous - it is not solid and must be condemned.

Why do u think coaching is prohibited during a match ? Generally speaking yr trainer teach u during a year and what is the meaning to prohibit coaching during a match? Let them allow to both sides to coach during a match. Why they don't ?

IMO it is because of influencing on the opponent. It can be done in such a manner that will attract yr attention and make u nervous.

Saito
06-04-2006, 02:14 PM

You wouldn't be saying this if you were the player going against the person being coached and that prize money and beating the person who is giving you the hardest time were on the line. Rules are rules. If one is following, why shouldn't the other?

That aside, again I don't know if he was getting coached or not: could have just been words of encouragement.

yo_3133
06-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Fed is a ****ing crybaby period!Uncle tony was coaching they were cheating,what a pathetic poor loser he is.

He is so stupid that he doesnt even know how bad this crying makes him look.Was it because of uncle tony that fed choked when it counted

What a joke,fed is this, he is that.But when it comes to crunch time he melts down+then has enough nerve to blame it on nadals coach!
he is such a loser,such a joke, such a melt down in crunch timnes....................................THAT HE'S GOT 7 GRAND SLAMS!

tennis_nerd22
06-04-2006, 03:57 PM
im watching the federer-berdych match and they said that federer thought nadals unclke was cheating? whats this all about?

he said that nadals uncles is a "monkey's uncle" :mrgreen:

tennis_nerd22
06-04-2006, 04:01 PM

well, he's total screwer upper isnt he... only 7 grand slames, that sucks!

lol dude he just hasnt solved the topspin monkey yet, and there arent many problems that he cant solve, so he's very frustrated right now, and is trying to point the blame at whatever he can... is that right? no. but does that mean he's a jerk? no. it means that he's found an opponent now, and has to take a step back and solve him first.

we all have players who when we play, cant seem to crack them, but it comes in time

pound cat
06-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't agree with u, pound cat. I remember dramatic final in chess championship between Karpov and Kasparov somewhen 23-22 years ago. One of them was blaming another side that he was invited one parapsychologist who constantly was influencing on him somehow.

When the crowd is supporting one of 2 players - it is OK, it's their choice. But when one of members of yr opponent's team is trying making u nervous - it is not solid and must be condemned.

Why do u think coaching is prohibited during a match ? Generally speaking yr trainer teach u during a year and what is the meaning to prohibit coaching during a match? Let them allow to both sides to coach during a match. Why they don't ?

IMO it is because of influencing on the opponent. It can be done in such a manner that will attract yr attention and make u nervous.

So what exactly was Toni saying??? All I've heard was that he says Vamos and vinga (go, win) and how on earth could that be upsetting to Federer?

Now, paranormal influences..this could be a huge deal ...Uncle Toni will probably be trying that next., and federer will never detect it. ROTFL

tlm
06-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Ya i have been hearing all year about fed figuring nadal out.You fed lovers can keep living in the past,but this year nadal has beat fed in 3 finals.How do you explain that?

Anybody that watched thier last match saw fed choke plain+simple.If you cant admit that it just shows how one sided you are.

Fed played the best he could+choked when it came to crunch time.This does not look like a real champion wilting like a flower under pressure.

Fed has been the best the last couple of years,playing against the pathetic mens field.Now he has one real opponent+he is being owned.Thats right boys 5-1 is domination!

Tennis_Goodness
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
TLM you seem to be new to tennis, Nadal does great on clay but he is still many many points behind Federer and Federer doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon. Federer has already won one slam already and could possibly when the remaining 3. Nadal while good and the favorite to win the french isn't expected to make the finals of any other slams.

It's good to support your favorite player but you have to be realistic too!

pswami
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Ya i have been hearing all year about fed figuring nadal out.You fed lovers can keep living in the past,but this year nadal has beat fed in 3 finals.How do you explain that?

Anybody that watched thier last match saw fed choke plain+simple.If you cant admit that it just shows how one sided you are.

Fed played the best he could+choked when it came to crunch time.This does not look like a real champion wilting like a flower under pressure.

Fed has been the best the last couple of years,playing against the pathetic mens field.Now he has one real opponent+he is being owned.Thats right boys 5-1 is domination!
Shut up, this thread isn't even about head-to-head play. :rolleyes:

FEDEXP
06-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, for God's sake, since being number 1 his record against the rest of the ATP(Nadal aside)is 189-8!

dh003i
06-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Saying how weak Federer's competition is is a bunch of bull. The only reason people say that is just because Federer is so good.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
So what exactly was Toni saying??? All I've heard was that he says Vamos and vinga (go, win) and how on earth could that be upsetting to Federer?

It is why I'm telling I don't agree with u. Nobody knows, neither u or me. Only 2 players and especially Fed knows very good.

As u noticed already long ago that Fed is from such a sort of players who doesn't argue much neither with players , nor with the umpire during judges' mistakes. So why should u suppose that he attacks by words Nadal's uncle without any reason ?

Knowing Fed already 4-5 years I'm sure that there is something substantial, that he has reasons. The man has been honest for 5 years and suddenly started blame the uncle of Nadal without any reason ? I don't believe that.

Rhino
06-05-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah I think tlm is a bit silly.

After battling all the way to the final, having two match points and then finally losing after 5 sets and 5 hours, you can forgive anybody for being a bit frustrated if he thinks Uncle Tony was influencing the match.
Roger is very honest and sometimes this board can't cope well with that.

I've noticed that in some countries, being very direct to peoples faces is something to be avoided, even if you have to lie to placate everybody. This is very gutless and I admire Roger much more for saying how things really are, no matter how it makes him look. Obviously this includes all the apparently arrogant statements that upsets some of you.

Eviscerator
06-05-2006, 11:36 AM

First of all it is against the rules of tennis.

Secondly, tennis is unique among all other sports in that it pits you against your opponent with no help other than what you are capable of mustering up within yourself. If you are mentally weak then you will lose despite being a more talented player.

You say it would "make things more interesting", but I respectfully disagree. If tennis is not interesting enough for you the way it is, then watch some other sport that allows coaching. Or if tennis is your cup of tea, but would like to see coaching, you can watch Davis Cup or World Team Tennis.

The bottom line is that coaching would alter the game significantly and allow weaker players and those lacking intestinal fortitude you be more successful. To me, only the strongest should survive, and having only oneself to depend on separates the men from the boys.