PDA

View Full Version : Prince Hornet MP vs Prince Hornet w/ Tungsten MP ????

thatballwas_IN
07-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Anyone remember both of these racquets?
Which of these do you prefer?
I know the Original Hornet (black and red) was 10.8 oz strung compared to about 10oz and the Original Hornet had a very high swing weight of 344 compared to 315.

I was just curious if there was any consensus on which version was better.....

:?:

netman
07-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I have been using the newer Tungsten (all red) MP for a few matches now. It is much more manuverable than the older one and can be more easily customized. It is changing my opinion of sub 11 oz. racquets. I love playing with it, particularly in doubles.

Onecoldcat
07-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Netman,
What string and tension are you using in the Hornet?

netman
07-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Currently using my standard string, Gosen Sheep Micro 17. The mains are strung at 57 and the crosses at 56. Next time I string I'll go down a bit, probably to 55M, 54C. I'm also going to try poly in the mains.

I added 4 grams of lead at 3 and 9, and built up the grip with a full size heat shrink. It weighs 10.8 oz and is 6 pts HL. Its great from the baseline and serves well. I'm still struggling with it at the net, where I miss the extra 1 oz of my Slaz PBH, but each time I play I'm getting better with it. You can really rip groundstrokes from either side and even miss hits make it back over the net.