PDA

View Full Version : Time on court - will it affect Nadal v. Hewitt?

OrangeOne
06-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Nadal's 3rd round match :- 293 minutes
Hewitt's 3rd round match :- 126 minutes

Nadal spent 2hrs 47mins longer on court in the 3rd round. Translates to playing Hewitt's match, and then Hewitt's match again, and then another set!

Do you think this will affect the outcome? Is Nadal assumed to be *so* fit that this wouldn't matter? Maybe it will simply compensate for Hewitt still recovering from injury? Maybe it will only affect a 4 or 5 set match?

I'm curious as to what others think....

ACE of Hearts
06-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Nope.He had a day off.These guys have fitness trainers for a reason.It wont make a difference.

oscar_2424
06-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Nope.He had a day off.These guys have fitness trainers for a reason.It wont make a difference.
totally agree!

superman1
06-04-2006, 06:41 PM
These guys get massages all day long. They relax in hot tubs. There's no excuse for being fatigued if you've had a day off.

Max G.
06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't think it'll make a difference. Yes, it was a long match for Nadal, but not ridiculously so - he's had other ones as long. He also gets a day off, and he seems to be in GREAT shape. He should be fine by the time he gets around to Hewitt.

uno banana
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
These guys get massages all day long. They relax in hot tubs.

truly kings among men :(

HollerOne5
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I also think the match took so long because both Nadal and PHM were taking the full 20 or 30 seconds in between points on EVERY point, and it was getting sort of annoying. Most four set matches that don't even have any tiebreakers would never usually last 5 hours.

Anyhow, I think the day off negates this stat. And either way, Nadal is in much better shape these days than Hewitt, who has barely played in recent months.

Viper
06-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I think Hewitt will give Nadal a run for his money in the first set and the beginnning of the 2nd. Then he'll slow down and Nadal will win in 4.