PDA

View Full Version : Martina vs Martina!

Max G.
06-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Yep, that's right folks - there's going to be a MARTINA VS MARTINA SHOWDOWN coming up at Roland Garros.

To be precise, a mixed doubles showdown - unseeded Martina Hingis and Mahesh Bhupathi will take on sixth seeds Martina Navratilova and Bob Bryan in the second round.

It's scheduled to be played sometime late tomorrow on court 1.

So, which Martina will prevail?
And is anyone as excited about this matchup as I am ;)?

andyroddick's mojo
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
is bob bryan still with mike in male doubles?

JayxTheKoolest
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
is bob bryan still with mike in male doubles?

This is mixed doubles....

Lee
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Yep, that's right folks - there's going to be a MARTINA VS MARTINA SHOWDOWN coming up at Roland Garros.

To be precise, a mixed doubles showdown - unseeded Martina Hingis and Mahesh Bhupathi will take on sixth seeds Martina Navratilova and Bob Bryan in the second round.

It's scheduled to be played sometime late tomorrow on court 1.

So, which Martina will prevail?
And is anyone as excited about this matchup as I am ;)?

i think the younger martina will prevail; she has great chemistry with Bhupathi.

arosen
06-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Granma and B-bro are going to get pummeled. Hingis is a top 10 player.

travlerajm
06-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Granma and B-bro are going to get pummeled. Hingis is a top 10 player.

Navratilova is a stud. Have you seen her play doubles lately? She may not have as good of a return as Hingis, but she is still the best female net player in the world, bar none. I wouldn't bet against her.

arosen
06-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Yep, I saw her play up close, on clay. She has marvellous hands, but her serve is not going to pose any problems for Martina, and she doesn't return all that well. Spectacular volleys, but they won't win them the match.

Arafel
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
The younger team defaulted; not sure why, except maybe Hingis wants to save her energy for Clijsters tomorrow and had already played one set of singles today and was a little fatigued.

GS
06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Anyone remember the last time Martina played Martina? It was last July in TeamTennis play. Hingis smoked Navratilova 5-0 in singles, and beat her in the doubs and mixed doubs. Just some trivia for ya........

arosen
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
That suucks asss. Would have been a good match for sure, with lots of people coming out to watch. I know I would.

North
06-06-2006, 04:18 AM
Anyone remember the last time Martina played Martina? It was last July in TeamTennis play. Hingis smoked Navratilova 5-0 in singles, and beat her in the doubs and mixed doubs. Just some trivia for ya........

Actually they played in an exhibition in Baltimore in Nov2005. Hingis beat Navratilova in singles and mixed doubles (Hingis with Courier and Navratilova with McEnroe) but both matches were quite competitive (I forget the exact scores) and definitely not routs.

35ft6
06-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Hingis is going to smoke them.