PDA

View Full Version : after blake match

canajun4
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
right after the match was over, i noticed blake talking to the umpire and he looked kind of upset. since blake is such a good sport and usually doesn't do things like that it must have been something pretty bad. does anyone know what he was complaining about?

uno banana
06-04-2006, 09:22 PM
losing :mrgreen:

well to a frenchman, we all know how they are

pswami
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Something about a lot of crowd noise at critical points in the match that threw him off, and the ump didn't think it was unfair. He didn't argue it very much, just looked like he was a little upset...I dunno if I'd consider it as bad sportsmanship.

armand
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Blake said that he had made a sarcastic comment to the ump earlier in the match(5th set I think) and he was apologizing for it. He said that it turned into a discussion about how the crowd wasn't fair because they yelled out when he was hitting the ball during crucial times of the match.

superman1
06-04-2006, 10:16 PM
It was an apology/discussion about the audience making too much noise. Umpires seem to go on the defense and get nervous when a player approaches them. They have fond memories of the McEnroe/Connors days. "You're an abortion!"

HollerOne5
06-04-2006, 11:15 PM
What a shock, a sarcastic comment from Blake. I don't know why everyone adores him so much, he seems like a total priick sometimes. I don't care if he is American, complaining about the loud crowd is a bit ridiculous. Everyone knows the French crowd is horrible, you have to deal with it. No one complained to the umpires during the US Open when that stupid "J Block" crap was shouting and hollering during points and screaming when his opponents would double fault, etc. What a jerk.

Viper
06-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Nothing is more annoying than Bhagdatis's army of cheerleaders though.

pound cat
06-05-2006, 03:39 AM

The biggest army of cheerleaders belonged to Guga, and everyone though they were great. It just depends on who you are.

Cheerleaders not recommended for Kiefer.

malakas
06-05-2006, 03:45 AM

I like it because it brought colour and was refreshing.
Also maybe you don't know it,but he did very good because all these were football fans and now they started watching tennis too.So,you can say that he has made many of them tennis fans of them.Plus I don't think that they will be many of them in other slams than Australlian Open.Maybe a few in US but we will see...

superman1
06-05-2006, 03:55 AM
He was just annoyed that a couple times people shouted out right before he was going to hit the ball. That's a lot different from having your own cheering section that behaves themselves until the point is over.

But yeah, I see no point in talking to the umpire after the match.

HyperHorse
06-05-2006, 06:19 AM
What a shock, a sarcastic comment from Blake. I don't know why everyone adores him so much, he seems like a total priick sometimes. I don't care if he is American, complaining about the loud crowd is a bit ridiculous. Everyone knows the French crowd is horrible, you have to deal with it. No one complained to the umpires during the US Open when that stupid "J Block" crap was shouting and hollering during points and screaming when his opponents would double fault, etc. What a jerk.

yes... we get it, you dont like James Blake.

tangerine
06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Baggy's Band of Hooligans. :rolleyes: Baghdatis is fun to watch but his drunken soccer pals ruin the experience for me.

ACE of Hearts
06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
I was able to pick up some words, he told the umpire, u probably never played a tennis match in your life.:mrgreen: