PDA

View Full Version : Kirshbaum help !!!!!

sorkang724
07-05-2004, 04:02 PM
hi, i'm debating whether i should try the kirshbaum competitioni or touch turbo...can you guys tell me the difference on both ?....i'm planning to use the 17g. thank you

Mikey
07-05-2004, 06:14 PM
The TT is softer, more damped with a springy feel to it (more power). Creates slightly more spin than Competition!
Competition is firmer (less power) with crisper feel, and has better control, durability and tension maintainace IMO!

!<-_->!
07-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I found that the competition was fairly soft to hit with. Although I do have it in a hybrid. For what it's worth, there is decent power. Can't really tell if it helps in spin. Tension maintenence seems to be pretty good. Durability is pretty good too. However, I have not tried Touch Turbo, so I can't help in a comparison.

sorkang724
07-05-2004, 08:09 PM
how bout the super smash honey or spiky ?...according to tenniswarehouse...the female pros such as myskina uses spiky...but how come all i hear on this board is TT or competition ?...can you guys describe each characteristic and is it better to get a full job or do a hybrid ?

Steve Huff
07-05-2004, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't use Spiky in a hybrid except maybe with another poly. It would cut through it too quickly. I have yet to try the TT or competition. The Spiky feels stiffer than the tension its strung at. I felt the SuperSmash felt better than the Spiky. It seemed to have a more solid, consistent feel.

TennisElbow
07-06-2004, 06:34 AM
Recently bought a reel of TT 17GA to use as mains in hybrids with multi crosses. Much to my unpleasant suprise, the mains broke while still doing the crosses. Mains only tensioned to 50 lbs. I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHY THIS IS HAPPENING SINCE IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED WITH ANY OTHER POLY(Luxilon, and Pacific polys). Happened on two different rackets, both were oversize. Once strung the rackets play very nice, and no appreciable wear although only a couple hours of play.

K!ck5w3rvE
07-08-2004, 04:57 AM
Myskina used to to use spiky, but now she is using TiMo 18, and has been since before the French Open. Check it.....www.bigbanger.com

Feņa14
07-08-2004, 07:29 AM
SS had great feel, but too much power for me. It would be good in a hybrid though.

-Liam