PDA

View Full Version : Grip Size

Simbah2004
07-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Hello, I would like to know if the grip size on Prince racquets are smaller (compared to Wilson) - I use 4/38 on my Pro Staffs, but when I tested the Diablo Mid 4/38 with an overgrip, it felt bigger. Please let me know. Thanks.

TW Staff
07-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Two issues immediately come to mid here. One, if your Pro Staffs still have their original leather grips, this grip may feel thinner than the cushion grip of the Diablo.
The shape of the grip is also slightly different between the two. I always find that Prince handles feel more meaty in the middle, almost as if they are more round than say a Wilson handle.

Handle shape is an important aspect in finding the right racquet and you might want to consider demoing different grip sizes and experimenting with different overgrips etc. to find the right fit.

Chris, TW.

Guido B
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I play with a 4 1/2 I suppose that it's my grip but i really don't know... According to the TW's meassurement grip article? From the bottom line of my palm throught the top of my ring finger I'm 4.52 inches.
I have many doubts if it is my right size, or if I might have elbow problems for that.

Guido B
05-21-2009, 08:49 AM
I play with a 4 1/2 I suppose that it's my grip but i really don't know... According to the TW's meassurement grip article? From the bottom line of my palm throught the top of my ring finger I'm 4.52 inches.
I have many doubts if it is my right size, or if I might have elbow problems for that.

Hello!

Is TW Staff there?