PDA

View Full Version : Vaidisova and Sharapova

sureshs
06-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Don't they look similar, dress similar and play similar to a casual TV observer?

Ripper
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Don't they look similar, dress similar and play similar to a casual TV observer?

Yes, they do. Ah, but Sharapova is just that little bit prettier, imo.

sureshs
06-05-2006, 08:20 AM
They are both Bollitierri products.

sureshs
06-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Why isn't Vaidisova marketed better then?

Michael Haller
06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Why isn't Vaidisova marketed better then?

Why is this important?

BTW, she is only #15 or so in the rankings but just 17 years old. She will win and with that there will be fame. Great players don't need marketing. Their rackets do the talking.

Court_Jester
06-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Sharapova is a lot tougher mentally than Vaidisova. I remember watching Vaidisova last year fall apart during a match when things aren't going her way. If NV can keep her temper in check, she has the potential to equal MS, if not exceed her.

CJ

bluescreen
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah, vaidisova let her temper get the best of her at last year's US open and hit a ball into the stands, which brought on a bunch of boo's. i dont like her just cuz of that.

J-man
06-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, they do. Ah, but Sharapova is just that little bit prettier, imo.I got to disagree. I really don't find sharapova that attrictive. I think Vadisova is better looking.

sureshs
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
To each his own.

BabolatFan
06-05-2006, 12:36 PM

What are the natural colors of their hair I wonder?:mrgreen:

Alexandros
06-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree that to the casual fan their games and appearance are quite similar. However, I see Vaidisova's game to be more modelled after the Williams' sisters (Serena in particular) what with the early take back on groundies and open stanced backhand.

verker-er
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Hmmm, Just wait till Vaidasova wins a grand slam. She'll be equally if not more hyped than Sharapova. After all Sharapova wasn't huge before her breakthrough at SW19.

sureshs
06-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I am not so sure. She doesn't seem to have the same glam factor as Sharapova.

RiosTheGenius
06-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I think Vaidisova is much more atractive than Sharapova.... and I pressume she's more fun too

slice bh compliment
06-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I am not so sure. She doesn't seem to have the same glam factor as Sharapova.

smoke and mirrors. imho.

tennissavy
06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I think Vaidisova is much more atractive than Sharapova.... and I pressume she's more fun too
Don't presume her to be more fun. I was around her at the Advanta last November and she is not warm and friendly. However, her coach/stepfather is really really nice. He let me hold and swing her racquet and answered all my questions about it. She was one b****.

Marius_Hancu
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmmm, Just wait till Vaidasova wins a grand slam. She'll be equally if not more hyped than Sharapova.

Never will more hyped than Sharapova.

Sharapova has a regal bearing and a foxy face. Vaidisova's quite plain, although good looking. Her shoulders are too narrow for her height. She doesn't carry herself with the same elegance, she's a bit ungainly.

Talk to you in 3 years, when Vaidisova will be No 1, but not in advertising. Remember this conversation.

Bones08
06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Vaidisova beat her in WTT in 2004, after Maria had won Wimbeldon. I've seen that match, even though it was WTT, I knew Vaidisova would be better after she killed Maria in that match!

RiosTheGenius
06-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't presume her to be more fun. I was around her at the Advanta last November and she is not warm and friendly. However, her coach/stepfather is really really nice. He let me hold and swing her racquet and answered all my questions about it. She was one b****.
that's alright.... I actually don't care too much for either one of them.... I prefer Gisella Dulko, or Flavia Penetta

Alexandros
06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Vaidisova beat her in WTT in 2004, after Maria had won Wimbeldon. I've seen that match, even though it was WTT, I knew Vaidisova would be better after she killed Maria in that match!

Knew? As in past tense? Vaidisova hasn't come anywhere near Sharapova's achievements at this point in time...

Or are you saying that Vaidisova is 'better' than Sharapova based on one match?

Bones08
06-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Knew? As in past tense? Vaidisova hasn't come anywhere near Sharapova's achievements at this point in time...

Or are you saying that Vaidisova is 'better' than Sharapova based on one match?

She's done more and been ranked higher than Maria was at 17. Think about this, they both lost to Kuzzy in their Wimbeldon debut. They both reached the French Quarters at 17. They both went to Bolletteris! I was also saying, the way she played Maria while she was 15-Maria 17, I knew in the longrun Vaidisova would be better. They both did their Asian Tournaments, and won them.

Fatmike
06-06-2006, 04:31 AM

hum... not same opinion here....

Nicole as a prettiest body and prettiest face

Duzza
06-06-2006, 04:34 AM
maybe we should wait till this is legal ;). lol jk

goober
06-06-2006, 05:17 AM
She's done more and been ranked higher than Maria was at 17. Think about this, they both lost to Kuzzy in their Wimbeldon debut. They both reached the French Quarters at 17. They both went to Bolletteris! I was also saying, the way she played Maria while she was 15-Maria 17, I knew in the longrun Vaidisova would be better. They both did their Asian Tournaments, and won them.

How could you say that VAIDISOVA has done more than Maria at age 17? Maria won wimbledon and had a top 5 ranking.

Vaidisova is not there yet.

sureshs
06-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Sharapova has some naughtiness to her looks and voice. That will be the difference when it comes time for marketing Vaidisova (i.e., when she wins RG this week)

Jonny S&V
06-06-2006, 07:23 AM
If she gets past the semis, than it'll be her vs either Henin or Clijsters, and then she could take down the obvious favorite like Sharapova did at Wimbledon.:)

sureshs
06-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Talk to you in 3 years, when Vaidisova will be No 1, but not in advertising. Remember this conversation.

And by that time, Sharapova would have become the next Kournikova and playing exhibitions to a whistling crowd?

IvanYentl
06-06-2006, 07:58 AM

Sharpova may be more attractive top to bottom, but Vaidisova has her beat in the upper torso area ;-)

IvanYentl
06-06-2006, 08:03 AM

Hey maybe next time he'll let you hold and swing her.

cheers

sureshs
06-06-2006, 08:06 AM
She plays Kuznetsova next.

Talk about different-looking.

GRANITECHIEF
06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Sharpova may be more attractive top to bottom, but Vaidisova has her beat in the upper torso area ;-)

Doesn't top to bottom cover the upper torso area. My opinion is that Vaidisova has Sharapova beat top to bottom including all torso areas.

uNIVERSE mAN
06-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Vaidisova's mum is hotter than both of them.

IvanYentl
06-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Doesn't top to bottom cover the upper torso area. My opinion is that Vaidisova has Sharapova beat top to bottom including all torso areas.

apologies, when I said top to bottom, I meant Sharapova had her beat in a complete package sense, while Vaidisova takes the victory hands down in the area between her collarbone and top of rib cage ;-)

IvanYentl
06-06-2006, 10:12 AM

affirmative! good tennis and crowd scanning this morning on ESPN2.

sureshs
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM

Pictures please

Court_Jester
06-06-2006, 10:22 AM
The Vaidisova's match is on ESPN right now so you should be able to get a glimpse of her mother. And oh yes, she is an attractive woman. :cool:

CJ

tennissavy
06-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey maybe next time he'll let you hold and swing her.

cheers
LOL:D