PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros and Wimbledon

devilish_duke
06-05-2006, 09:23 AM
The French Open was AWESOME!!! I stayed for the first 2 rounds as well as 1 day of the 3rd round. I bought grounds passes for all the days and still took in 4-5 matches each day. For future reference the passes are 20.50 euro each, and u should get in line by 8:45 am (doors open at 10, play starts at 11).

I took a load of pics, will try to post soon, when I figure out how.

For anyone going to Wimbledon, the grounds passes are 17 pounds and I think play starts at 12.... saw a poster listing all this, I'm in London right now before I head back to the US.

luishcorreia
06-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Hi.

I'm am from portugal and i was thinking of going this years but couldn't make it. I will go in 2007,

Where did you get your tickets? On the day of the games? I saw the roland garros site and they say you need to apply to buy tickets to the center courts http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/en/Frame_tickets.html

Did you see good games with ground passes? Do you think its woth going to Roland Garros without going to the main courts?

Thanks

devilish_duke
07-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I bought my tickets on the days i went. As long as you get there around 8:30-8:45 am and don't mind standing in line, you can get tickets to anywhere you want. You can definitely watch some great matches without getting the main courts, although they will have some tickets available for those too. I doubt if there would be tickets available for say, the finals or the semis though. Those are probably the ones you need to reserve in advance. Best of luck.