PDA

View Full Version : Roddick section of the draw = free meal

MasterTS
06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Seriously, anyone that gets lucky to be in Roddick's draw gets free ATP points and free prizemoney. Roddick has got to be the worst top 5 player ever. He's dropped early from more tournaments than two excited rabbits.

And who takes advantage of the easy meal ticket this time?

Ljub defeats berlocq, hernandez, monaco, hidalgo and now has benneatu to make it to the SEMIS! Wow this is what you call a freebee.

tpduke112
06-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Eh, I see your point.

Chadwixx
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Seriously, anyone that gets lucky to be in Roddick's draw gets free ATP points and free prizemoney. Roddick has got to be the worst top 5 player ever. He's dropped early from more tournaments than two excited rabbits.

And who takes advantage of the easy meal ticket this time?

Ljub defeats berlocq, hernandez, monaco, hidalgo and now has benneatu to make it to the SEMIS! Wow this is what you call a freebee.

Its been like this for the past 3 years. Roddick has like 10 career top ten wins in 5 years yet maintains a top 5 ranking.

Rhino
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
It's got to end soon. I think a lot of his ranking points are due to those wimbledon finals so I doubt he'll be a top tenner after July.

Ripper
06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Its been like this for the past 3 years. Roddick has like 10 career top ten wins in 5 years yet maintains a top 5 ranking.

Yeah, how does he do it?

Eviscerator
06-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah, how does he do it?

Doing well in slams does not hurt.:mrgreen:

tangerine
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Seriously, anyone that gets lucky to be in Roddick's draw gets free ATP points and free prizemoney. Roddick has got to be the worst top 5 player ever.
I know! Having to retire injured from matches shows just what an amateur he really is.

Count Grishnackh
06-05-2006, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I'd join in but I stopped beating the dead horse since last year.

lucky leprechaun
06-05-2006, 02:53 PM

Finder's keepers, he stuck around and tried and the draw opened up for him. He should be well-rewarded, the big server who at least gave it a shot and nice things happened. Not only that, what do you think hewitt thinks? Bum ankle, worst surface, former wimbledon champion not a wannabe. And what does he do? Nope, he doesn't fold at the beginning and start daydreaming, he acts professionally does his level best and...... he gets rewarded with a nadal.

Chadwixx
06-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I know! Having to retire injured from matches shows just what an amateur he really is.

His default at the french was amateur. Pro's know the rules. He could of had his ankle taped 4mins earlier if he would have asked. Since he asked after 1 game was played it gave him an excuse to retire. Looked pretty calculated to me, gotta uphold that image.

Defcon
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Luby may be a big server but he has lots more game and talent than Roddick. His weakness is mental (ironically, Roddick's strength). Hopefully he'll make the most of his luck and give Nadal a real fight.

FEDEXP
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't see Roddick's stength as being mental...

Alexandros
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Roddick is strong mentally in that he always fights and competes to the best of his (admittedly, limited) abilities. His decision making is poor of late but you can't reasonably fault the guy for trying and giving it all, regardless of the score and barring injury.

Also, as far as I'm concerned for someone to have stayed in the top 5 for as long as Roddick has, he must have earned it.

tangerine
06-05-2006, 06:20 PM
His default at the french was amateur. Pro's know the rules. He could of had his ankle taped 4mins earlier if he would have asked. Since he asked after 1 game was played it gave him an excuse to retire. Looked pretty calculated to me, gotta uphold that image.
Oh, totally! He's a total fraud. I especially liked the part where he tried to act surprised when the medic told him about the rule that ankles can only be re-taped between sets. I mean, come on. Everybody knows about that rule. :rolleyes: It's written in stone. Even Brad Gilbert was floored by Roddick's cluelessness and assumed that Roddick was faking an injury just to get out of playing on his worst surface 'cause he knew he was gonna lose anyway.

Watch him try to fake vomiting again on the court when he has to play on the clay vs Russia at Davis Cup. I don't know why he even bothers to put on an act because we are all onto him and his treachery. Chee!