PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hyper ProStaff Surge X Vs. Head Liquidmetal Radical

XsuubieX
07-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Wilson Hyper ProStaff Surge X Vs. Head Liquidmetal Radical

Im a begginer player who is starting to play more serious. Im in the process of deciding between these two rackets. If any1 has experience with either one please put in your 2-cents.

raven5288
07-05-2004, 09:11 PM
dude, I thought you were going to get the rad!? Well if you wanna know, I would go for the rad just becuase it looks way cooler. I really have no experience with the surge, although I've heard it's a pretty good stick.

Coda
07-05-2004, 09:13 PM
I would recommend the Surge over the Surge X because a 27 inch frame will give you better control over a 27.5 inch frame. I would also pick the surge over the Radical. There are a few Surge play alikes that maybe you should consider, the ProKennex S and SX and the Pure Drive. The SX version is 27.5 inches long while the S is 27 inches long. The Pure Drive also has a 27.5 inch version.

kninetik
07-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Though I cant give you a direct comparison, I can tell you about my experiences with the LM Rad as a beginner when I started. That racquet turned me off of tennis. At the time, my goal was to keep the ball in while starting to add topspin. Didn't have the proper stroke mechanics and was trying to learn things by doing instead of taking lessons. LM Rad MidPlus was crazy unforgiving. It might have been the strings (head's perfect control which has pretty bad feedback) but I think the dense string pattern that also didnt help my style at the time. I went back to my Head i.x6 then to Prince's More Control then finally back to Head LM Rad after 8 months. The Rad got a new stringjob and BAM it turned into a hell of a stick.

In short, got solid stroke mechanics? Go LM Radical. But prepare to handle frustration if you dont,

roundiesee
07-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Coda, is it true that the Surge vibrates a lot? Thanks.

Coda
07-06-2004, 02:11 AM
not really