PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the womens title?

federerhoogenbandfan
06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
With the women who are left who do you think will win the womens title?

mJeez4293
06-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Yea, my vote beasted everybody

Viper
06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Me too! YAAAAAYYY!!

hewitt9
06-05-2006, 05:04 PM
i really hope kim wins:rolleyes: she is so athletic shes gota beat hingis

tennis_nerd22
06-05-2006, 05:07 PM
clijsters, no questions

metsjets
06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
rooting for hingis and justin

latinil
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Martina - yeah right, I hope it will be Justin

federerhoogenbandfan
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
I voted Justine since Hingis is a great matchup for her, Clijsters she has a huge psycological edge over, and Venus she creamed one time and was creaming the second time before the choke of the year in their two meetings on clay and both were back in 2001 and 2002 when Henin was nowhere near the player she is today and Venus was a dominant top 2. So all 3 are bad matchups vs Henin, only Kuznetsova is a reasonable shot of beating Henin of the top women left. Henin is in great shape I think.

Bones08
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Give me a break, Henin can't handle Venus. Look at their head to head, granted they haven't played in a while, but those slices don't keep coming on Venus side of the net becuase she takes them out the air with Swinging Volleys, and she Rushes Henin's Backhand, not giving Henin time to set up. And Henin can't handle her big Serve!

federerhoogenbandfan
06-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Give me a break, Henin can't handle Venus. Look at their head to head, granted they haven't played in a while, but those slices don't keep coming on Venus side of the net becuase she takes them out the air with Swinging Volleys, and she Rushes Henin's Backhand, not giving Henin time to set up. And Henin can't handle her big Serve!

That is why the two times they played on clay Henin won once 6-4, 6-1, and the other one she was up 6-4, 4-0 before choking it away. Those two matches were back in 2001 and 2002 when Venus was a dominant #1 or #2, something she is far from now; and Henin was still a rising star with no slam titles. :rolleyes:

Bones08
06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
That is why the two times they played on clay Henin won once 6-4, 6-1, and the other one she was up 6-4, 4-0 before choking it away. Those two matches were back in 2001 and 2002 when Venus was a dominant #1 or #2, something she is far from now; and Henin was still a rising star with no slam titles. :rolleyes:

She didn't choke, that was the Bausch and Lomb, Venus was dominant, but she wasn't as good on clay as she is now. She didn't slide, and she didn't come to net as much. I just can't see Venus losing if she gets to the Finals, not while she's playing for the Williams name, and while Richard is there coaching her.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Venus was so dominant that she was down 6-2, 4-0, give me a break. The great Martina Navratilova said that is was a momumental choke while covering a Henin match at Wimbledon, if she believes that I certainly feel fine thinking that as well. Henin was famous for choking away matches and leads back then.

Venus is better now on clay? Sorry Venus's best tennis was in 01-03 on any surface, there is a reason she was winning so many slams and was always in the finals back then and isnt now. You say she is better on clay now? Look at all the tier 1 titles she won clay between the years of 99-2002, and compare that to her record on clay the last two years.

OrangeOne
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
The head says Henin-Hardenne, the heart says Hingis :)

JayxTheKoolest
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Hingis will find a way to win. I mean she did find a way to defeat Peer.

Venus06
06-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah right - Clijsters battered Hingis. In the second set Hingis or should i say Chuckie looked completely out of sorts.

I'm glad shes gone out she annoys me. No smiles on her face throughout the math suprise suprise :D

federerhoogenbandfan
06-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Sad Hingis is out, I was rooting for her, but I like Kim and Justine alot too. I will be happy if either of them wins. Surprised a bit Venus lost today, I really did think she would be in atleast the semis, and maybe the final. A Kuznetsova-Venus semi would have been very interesting. I would be surprised if Vaidisova continues her hot streak in the semis vs a former slam winner though. Kuzy should be in the final probably now, but you cant count out a hot Vaidisova obviously. Henin-Clijsters will be very interesting. Henin was not that impressive in her last 2 rounds.

tennissavy
06-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Sad Hingis is out, I was rooting for her, but I like Kim and Justine alot too. I will be happy if either of them wins. Surprised a bit Venus lost today, I really did think she would be in atleast the semis, and maybe the final. A Kuznetsova-Venus semi would have been very interesting. I would be surprised if Vaidisova continues her hot streak in the semis vs a former slam winner though. Kuzy should be in the final probably now, but you cant count out a hot Vaidisova obviously. Henin-Clijsters will be very interesting. Henin was not that impressive in her last 2 rounds.
You should be careful about spoiling the results for those people who weren't fortunate enough to watch the matches like you and me. Some people record the tennis and watch after work but do participate in this messageboard and avoid the match results section. Those people must be ****ed off at you.