PDA

View Full Version : Rogers' Blog!

Sunshine
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
......I'd really really love to read a blog from Roger (Federer)....
....perhaps at the Big W...
....What do u guys think?.....

VamosRafa
06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I expect the ATP will have it ready for Wimbly. :D

Alexandros
06-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I honestly cannot be any less interested in what he would have to say. Federer strikes me as being far too guarded in any response or dialogue that might possibly find its way to the general public and as such he nearly always has the right responses to generate the most goodwill and least PR damage.

I find some of the comments he lets slip when he lets his guard down in moments of frustration or arrogance are more telling to his character than some of his seemingly scripted responses.

Viper
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Roger's would be more boring than Blake's........

" Hello tennis fans reading this blog, first off I would like to thank all the people at the ATP for letting me write this blog to all my fans. I would also like to thank my friends and family, and my girlfriend. Well today started off fairly interesting. When I got out of bed I had no idea which foot to step off with. I might ruin my fluid footwork if I step with my left, but yet I might have the competetive edge if I step with my right. I pondered upon this for 20 minutes or so and decided to not step off with either and just jumped off my bed, both feet going first. At breakfast I had another peril, should I eat meat or no meat. My day was off to a rough start. Oh yeah, I also played tennis today. I thought I should have told you."

Sunshine
06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
......roger Is The Most Wonderful Person I've Ever Known.....
........i Am A Member Of His Forum....and He Writes Wonderful Blogs....wonderful....
..then Again....some People Cannot Look For But Negetive In A Person....& That's Not Rogers' Fault!.....
.....he Is A Great Human Being....& I Respect Him For That....then Again.....one Cannot Satisfy Everyone On Earth!....

Viper
06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
......roger Is The Most Wonderful Person I've Ever Known.....
........i Am A Member Of His Forum....and He Writes Wonderful Blogs....wonderful....
..then Again....some People Cannot Look For But Negetive In A Person....& That's Not Rogers' Fault!.....
.....he Is A Great Human Being....& I Respect Him For That....then Again.....one Cannot Satisfy Everyone On Earth!....

Dude, take a joke, that's all it is.

Sunshine
06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
......jokes are NOT SUPPOSED TO HURT & ATTACK PEOPLES' EMOTIONS!......
.....ANY WAY...U ARE SWEET!....C YA LATER !

HyperHorse
06-06-2006, 01:35 AM
......jokes are NOT SUPPOSED TO HURT & ATTACK PEOPLES' EMOTIONS!......
.....ANY WAY...U ARE SWEET!....C YA LATER !

whats the link?
www.rogerfederer.com right?

superman1
06-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Federer actually has quite a good sense of humor. Remember that radio interview transcript?

zhuk
06-06-2006, 02:36 AM
I honestly cannot be any less interested in what he would have to say. Federer strikes me as being far too guarded in any response or dialogue that might possibly find its way to the general public and as such he nearly always has the right responses to generate the most goodwill and least PR damage.

I find some of the comments he lets slip when he lets his guard down in moments of frustration or arrogance are more telling to his character than some of his seemingly scripted responses.
Hear, hear.;)

zhuk
06-06-2006, 02:42 AM
A good example of a dimwit Fed lemming, lost at an unfamiliar site.
What the heck these looney characters know about him other than that he just got dumped by his watch sponsor? :-|

artworks
06-06-2006, 02:42 AM
It's a "pity" if he will do a blog with ATP.

zhuk
06-06-2006, 02:48 AM
His girlfriend would probably pitch in.

J-man
06-06-2006, 03:29 AM

I find some of the comments he lets slip when he lets his guard down in moments of frustration or arrogance are more telling to his character than some of his seemingly scripted responses.I agree. It would be a bit boring. But that's a blog;)

Fedexeon
06-06-2006, 05:54 AM
A good example of a dimwit Fed lemming, lost at an unfamiliar site.
What the heck these looney characters know about him other than that he just got dumped by his watch sponsor? :-|

Better than your Nadal who has no watch sponsor contract.

dh003i
06-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Well, I don't really think that knowing so many of the personal details of Nadal's daily in and out is very interesting. I'm not into celebrity-worship.

I'd be more interested to know hear their analysis of the tennis being played. And if not that, how about their opinions on some really important issues affecting tennis? Or just important issues in general.

8PAQ
06-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Roger's would be more boring than Blake's........

" Hello tennis fans reading this blog, first off I would like to thank all the people at the ATP for letting me write this blog to all my fans. I would also like to thank my friends and family, and my girlfriend. Well today started off fairly interesting. When I got out of bed I had no idea which foot to step off with. I might ruin my fluid footwork if I step with my left, but yet I might have the competetive edge if I step with my right. I pondered upon this for 20 minutes or so and decided to not step off with either and just jumped off my bed, both feet going first. At breakfast I had another peril, should I eat meat or no meat. My day was off to a rough start. Oh yeah, I also played tennis today. I thought I should have told you."

That was awesome :D

Roger is Boring
06-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I dont think a blog from federer is such a good idea.it would be so boring and he would just pat himself on the back the whole time anyway- Id rather someone with a great personality write a blog. tursunovs blog was v.good. I also liked blakes and lujbicic's.

FedererUberAlles
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
whats the link?
www.rogerfederer.com right?

No, it's *posts notorious shocker site*

Tchocky
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM

I have to agree. I don't think Roger likes to reveal too much about himself or an upcoming match. I think that's why everyone was shocked when he was so emotional after winning in Melbourne. Still...I would like Roger to do a blog for Wimbledon. At least we can be sure he will be there until the last day.

Docalex007
06-06-2006, 11:40 AM
I dont think a blog from federer is such a good idea.it would be so boring...

Hmmm, that was perhaps the most predictable opinion ever in the history of the universe, Roger is Boring. :rolleyes:

Sunshine
06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
No, it's *posts notorious shocker site*
....NO....IT'S THE "WORLDS' SWEETEST SITE"
....&..U ARE "THE WORLDS' BIGGEST *****"....YEAH THAT WILL DESCRIBE U PERFECTLY...

Sunshine
06-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I dont think a blog from federer is such a good idea.it would be so boring and he would just pat himself on the back the whole time anyway- Id rather someone with a great personality write a blog. tursunovs blog was v.good. I also liked blakes and lujbicic's.

......bOY OH bOY.....HOW JEALOUS CAN PEOPLE GET!.....

Gilgamesh
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I would like to see a Johnny Mac blog.

FEDEXP
06-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Roger, whatever you do, don't blog....actually his comments after his match (and during the Nalbandian/Davydenko match, on ESPN) were surprisingly candid.

superman1
06-06-2006, 09:49 PM
He is actually always candid. People only call him boring because of how well he plays tennis, which doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to me.

And Tursunov's blog wasn't THAT great. "I went to the trainer!!!!! I had a massage!!!! Marat Safin was there!!!! He pulled out of doubles!!!!! What an ***!!!!"

Viper
06-06-2006, 09:58 PM
It was great compared to the others, but I also thought Tursunov's blog was overhyped.

OrangeOne
06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I'd be more interested to know hear their analysis of the tennis being played. And if not that, how about their opinions on some really important issues affecting tennis? Or just important issues in general.

I wouldn't mind hearing pros analysis of tennis, always happy to listen. I'd be interested to hear pros assessments of issues affecting tennis.

BUT your last point "important issues in general" - no thanks. The last thing, imho, that this world needs is another overpaid celeb telling us what they think is important and what they think about it!

[I'll give an exception to Bono here - given he's chosen to devote half of his life to helping the thirld world, he's doing much more than almost every other celeb - paying lip-service to a cause to increase or maintain their own popularity].

dh003i
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't mind hearing pros analysis of tennis, always happy to listen. I'd be interested to hear pros assessments of issues affecting tennis.

BUT your last point "important issues in general" - no thanks. The last thing, imho, that this world needs is another overpaid celeb telling us what they think is important and what they think about it!

[I'll give an exception to Bono here - given he's chosen to devote half of his life to helping the thirld world, he's doing much more than almost every other celeb - paying lip-service to a cause to increase or maintain their own popularity].

Orange,

Well, what I mean is, most of the time, people talk about things that are just trivia, and aren't really important. How their day was, the weather, their favorite band, this TV show -- completely unimportant and meaningless.

How about talking about something important? Like philosophy? Integrity in relationships, etc. Of course, only want if it's a serious discussion, not PC'ed over.

OrangeOne
06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Orange,

Well, what I mean is, most of the time, people talk about things that are just trivia, and aren't really important. How their day was, the weather, their favorite band, this TV show -- completely unimportant and meaningless.

How about talking about something important? Like philosophy? Integrity in relationships, etc. Of course, only want if it's a serious discussion, not PC'ed over.

I get you more now, I just still think it'd be worrying to hear pro tennis players start talking on some of those issues - and I think the ones with brains are somewhat reticent to get into those issues for fear of sounding like they're preaching. I also guess a little of the flipside as to why they're quiet is that as "celebs", they might choose to be very very careful of what they say, as soon as a celeb says anything that can be twisted, they very much know it will be.

Hmm - so there's probably some (a lot) of blame to be levelled at the media here, and yet more blame to be levelled at us as a public/society, clamouring for any sensationalist comment on offer. The average punter thesedays wants a scandal, not a well-thought opinion on a real-issue.

I do agree wholeheartedly with your main point though - that it would be nice to cut through the meaningless crap.

BeautyVenus
06-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I prefer Roger's personality than to the arrogance of Hewitt or Andy Roddick that's for sure. Sometimes you need to have a bit of class and Roger has that as does Blake. As for Roddick and Hewitt neither have much class they are classless.

D-Bomb
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
I prefer Roger's personality than to the arrogance of Hewitt or Andy Roddick that's for sure. Sometimes you need to have a bit of class and Roger has that as does Blake. As for Roddick and Hewitt neither have much class they are classless.

You might be right about the class, but honestly class is not very interesting in a blog. I think a Roddick blog would actually be pretty good, better than a Federer blog.