PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Got love them!!

Grigollif1
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Seriously , they buy the rights to broadcast all the grand Slam and most major tournaments in the U.S. They are actually doing a pretty good job at boradcasting the tournaments but, when is time time promote the game in their other spaces such as Sportcenter, Pardon the interruption, ATH etc.. They actually downplay tennis saying that no Americans made into th Quarter finals of the French When is that news?? and that tennis is dying in the U.S Tony K. Said that there are more kids in the U.S playing Golf then tennis..Give me a break! That is so much Bull.

And who can forget those American guys at sportcenter ( That can only comment on BaSEBALL AND Football) that they put to comment on the tennis recaps of the day. They can barely say they name of players nor describe the points, it is really funny. ESPN here is a tip, if you want to be platform for tennis, fine you are actually doing a good job in the boradcasting dept but, don't put the sport down in your other programs, is just like shoting yourself in the foot.

Tennis is doing really well in term of attendance in the U.S Breaking records in the USO every year, and most os the mAster series in America are very well attended. Also , the tennis channel is doing really good and World wide Tennis is only growing so , cut this crap that tennis dying that is old news.. It is for people that don't no S H % t about the sport, that pull that one out to make it look like they aren't ignorant...

prostaff18
06-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Like this year at the AO the guys on PTI talked about Baghdatis' girl friend than him. Also geting some commentators that know the difference between a point and a game would help (Dick Enberg).

tnig469
06-06-2006, 07:38 PM
i know tennis isnt that popular in the US...but espn...likes to cut off important matches...which really makes us mad...i mean 2mar..they r almost cutting off all of nadal...u think ppl would show the number 2 player in the world...so i have nothing nice to say about espn