PDA

View Full Version : Best String For Tour 90

reve
07-06-2004, 03:47 AM
I reasonly bought a pair of Tour 90 but strung both differently, one with Wilson Stamina Spin 16 and one with Ultra Synthetic Gut 16. I really hate the one with the Ultra Synthetic Gut because of the vibration i get from it. I'm looking for a soft, and holds tension for a long time string. I don't usually break strings that often. Any suggestion would be nice.. thanks..

tennisnoob
07-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Go for the Wilson NXT or any othe mono strings which are suppose to be softer and has the closest feel to gut.

jings
07-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Reve, Bow gut mains and alu rough cross. Mine are at 60 and 56 respectively. I don't break strings as a rule either and am getting great life out of these on my pair - almost 6 months now and still playing well. Great feel and can not recommend this combo highly enough - having been through a few string experiments along the way.

sorkang724
07-06-2004, 07:12 PM
6 month and the gut still hasnt' fray ?..... :shock:

reve
07-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks For the reply but now i have a new dilema/

both my tour 90 are asian versions. I'm in thailand. But i bought one in singapore and one in malaysia why on vacation. Both are different

The one in singapore has a box beam a weight of 11.1 oz (315g) and Si of 6.0.
The other has a rounded beam like the tour 95 weight of 11 oz and no si.. wat so ever.

I notice this today. while putting on an overgrip

jings
07-07-2004, 02:36 AM
sorkang724 - few things. I hit 2-3 times a week, 1-2 hours a time, so I'm not right out there in terns of hours on court. But the strings get a good working when I'm out (I hit fairly hard) and the bed is still lively, even after being in the frame that long. The Lux cross locks down the entire bed and string movement is minimal to non existant. This cuts down enormously on the wear and tear on the gut, such that judicial use of string savers means you aren't stressing the gut that much. Sure there are one or two spots were it's frayed a little but so far so good. If you haven't tried this, do, it's great I think.

reve - silly question but have you got the Asian T90 and T100, are the frames that different?

reve
07-07-2004, 04:10 AM
nope its the same head size 90 one being flat beam one being rounded.

YEa this shocked me alot though because now i have two different frames with the same paint job :shock:

I didn't know there was a difference.. maybe its something new

I couldn't tell the difference because i strung both with different strings and different tension..

jings
07-08-2004, 01:53 AM
reve, did they both come with the same grip - the tan leather? Otherwise i have no solution to the mystery.

reve
07-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Yeap

I wish i know how to post pictures

K!ck5w3rvE
07-14-2004, 03:09 AM
I've got a friend called Roger. He used to use the 90 before he changed to the n6.1. He liked Wilson Nat Gut mains and Alu Rough x's.

And reve, to post pictures, you have to click on 'post reply' instead of quick reply. Then you have to click on 'img' (image), then enter the address of the picture (right click on the picture and go to properties and then copy the address), and then click img again. There must be no spaces or anything else between the 2 "img's", other than the address.