PDA

View Full Version : Fed is Bandy's pigeon, but ...

bcaz
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
If he can find a way to outlast his portly master, he will win the French Open. He went to school on Mathieu's game plan. His dilemma ... he knows how to beat the young fellow if he gets there, but Bandy's wide shadow looms ...

nadalgirl26
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Roger will beat Nbaldian but then lose to my Rafa in teh final. How dumb of you to say if he beat Nalbandian he would then beat Nadal, when Nadal is so much betater then Nalbadnian, what a dumb thing to do, you are some $%%#$#!

HyperHorse
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Roger will beat Nbaldian but then lose to my Rafa in teh final. How dumb of you to say if he beat Nalbandian he would then beat Nadal, when Nadal is so much betater then Nalbadnian, what a dumb thing to do, you are some $%%#$#!

he isnt YOUR Rafa... dream on... do you have anything else better to contribute to this forum? the General Pro discussion section is the only place where ive seen you make a post...
get a life you stupid groupie.

Viper
06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
1. Roger
2. Rafa
3. Nalby

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
nadalgirl--All of your posts are over the top. But that's not to say that Federer fans are not prone to the same thing--they can also be over the top. Just take it easy ok?

Full disclosure: I'm going for Roger. He's my favorite player. Although Nadal is a very close second. I have more of an affinity for Roger because he can play the all-court and serve-and-volley style that I love. However, Nadal is an incredible competitor and seems to be a great guy--just like Roger.

I think Federer will really have his game on a high against Nalbandian. He wants to get through the match as quick as possible because in Rome, after playing a long semifinal against Nalbandian, he had to play a long final against Rafa. He can't afford to do that again.

Nadal's path to the final seems easier to me. Djokovic doesn't have the experience, physical fitness, mental fortitude, consistency, or savy around the net that it takes to beat Nadal. Nadal will then likely play Ljubicic in the semis and that will be a no-brainer in Rafa's favor. Ivan has really surprised me with far he's gone at Roland Garros. He'll make the semis but he'll lose easily to Rafa, I think.

I'm just hoping we have a Roger-Rafa final with them at the peak of their games, fitness, and composure (hopefully things won't get heated or anxious because of the occasion).

OrangeOne
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm just hoping we have a Roger-Rafa final with them at the peak of their games, fitness, and composure (hopefully things won't get heated or anxious because of the occasion).

Mmmm - I think that's what a lot of the tennis world wants to see too. Imagine the tension at 20-all in the fifth :)

Andres
06-07-2006, 05:27 AM
1. Roger
2. Rafa
3. Nalby
Pshhh. Correction :cool: :

1. Andres G.
2. Roger.
3. Rafa
4. Nalby.

Theeeeere you goooo :mrgreen:

ohplease
06-07-2006, 05:29 AM
If he can find a way to outlast his portly master, he will win the French Open. He went to school on Mathieu's game plan. His dilemma ... he knows how to beat the young fellow if he gets there, but Bandy's wide shadow looms ...

I like Nalbandian's game a lot, but he's got a one match advantage in a head-to-head record that used to be quite lopsided in his favor. Hardly a pigeon.

Should still be a great match.

The Pusher Terminator
06-07-2006, 07:15 AM

I think you are my soulmate!

Shabazza
06-07-2006, 07:23 AM
I think you are my soulmate!
Sincere condolences!

Chopin
06-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Federer has beaten Nalbandian 5 out of their last 6 meetings...after tomorrow I expect it to be 6 out of 7.

Gazz
06-07-2006, 07:38 AM
he isnt YOUR Rafa... dream on... do you have anything else better to contribute to this forum? the General Pro discussion section is the only place where ive seen you make a post...
get a life you stupid groupie.

i know this is pretty sad, but i found it rather funny - i checked other posts by nadalgirl26 and found 3 which said "my rafa", 1 with "my sweet nadal" and another with "my cute nadal"...lmao

also - it seems she reckons he's going to get awarded a grand slam, before he even wins them all...

however, this is the best comment i found...

"People are jealous and bitter such a sexy and adorable 20-year old with his birthday coming soon, who is sweet as apple pie is crushing everybody and ruling tennis so much."

apologies if i've offended anyone, i just found all of this rather funny :mrgreen:

arosen
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Nadalgirl26 rules the groupie world. Quite amusing actually.

LeftyServe
06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
My suspicion would be that nadalgirl26 is a complete put-on, don't you think?

Virtuous
06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Federer has beaten Nalbandian 5 out of their last 6 meetings...after tomorrow I expect it to be 6 out of 7.
And yet the pigeon myth persists :rolleyes:

Rickson
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
How much will you cry when Rafa loses in this year's French?

FEDEXP
06-07-2006, 11:05 AM
The pigeon myth does not persist it's simply history at this point from the time when the Nalby owned Ferderer. Nalby has a large shadow but it's not looming! Here's how they actually look head to head:
Here is what they look like head to head:
ATP Masters Series Rome, Clay, S
Italy
Clay
S
Federer
6 3 3 6 7 6
Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, F
Shanghai, China
Carpet
F
Nalbandian
7 6 7 6 2 6 1 6 6 7
Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, RR
Shanghai, China
Carpet
RR
Federer
6 3 2 6 6 4
US Open, Hard, Q
NY, U.S.A.
Hard
Q
Federer
6 2 6 4 6 1
Australian Open, Hard, Q
Australia
Hard
Q
Federer
7 5 6 4 5 7 6 3
Tennis Masters Cup, Hard, RR
Houston, TX, USA
Hard
RR
Federer
6 3 6 0
US Open, Hard, R16
NY, U.S.A.
Hard
R16
Nalbandian
6 3 6 7 4 6 3 6
Cincinnati TMS, Hard, R32
Ohio, USA
Hard
R32
Nalbandian
6 7 6 7
Australian Open, Hard, R16
Australia
Hard
R16
Nalbandian
4 6 6 3 1 6 6 1 3 6
Basel, Carpet, S
Switzerland
Carpet
S
Nalbandian
7 6 5 7 3 6
Monte Carlo TMS, Clay, R32
Monaco
Clay
R32
Nalbandian
2 6 1 6

bcaz
06-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Bandy owned Roger in the juniors, too, and impressions from one's delicate formative years can have a lingering effect. BTW, I like Fed & root for him, don't like Bandy but respect his game, and hope that Roger gets the pigeon, er, monkey off his back so he can move on to escape Nadal's roost, too. Unless Luby (Roddick is his pigeon) lights a grease fire and sends the others skidding off the terre battu ...

ballplayer
06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Bandy owned Roger in the juniors, too...He did? I only know of 2 of their meetings back in 1998: one at the US Open Junior Championships which was won by Nalbandian and the other at the Orange Bowl Championships, won by Federer. I have heard people say before that Nalbandian dominated Federer in their days as juniors but which were their other matchups in that period?