PDA

View Full Version : Barricade IV's

mJeez4293
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Anyone feel that the barricade fours run about a half size small? i had that problem so i had to give away my old shoe and get a pair a half size bigger.

Gee
06-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Anyone feel that the barricade fours run about a half size small? i had that problem so i had to give away my old shoe and get a pair a half size bigger.

I've had the same experience. I recently ordered size 9 1/2 but they felt very narrow and especially my big toes were pinching. Therefore I returned them and bought another pair of size 10, that is suited much better and it has enough room for my toes.

Hoot
06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I have not tried the BIVs but I had to buy my BIIs half a size bigger.

AR15
06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I found my regular size to fit perfectly everywhere except the toe area was too narrow. So, I got a half size larger. Now, the toes feel fine and I have to lace them tight as helll to keep the heels from slipping.

I replaced the insole with a thicker Spenco insole and it helped a little.

Overall, I'm not happy with the fit. I'm growing to love my $59 New Balance 653's more than ever.

metsjets
06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
mine feel fine, but VERY snug...almost too perfectly snug.

mJeez4293
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
yea, it felt fine except for the pinching in the toe, everything else was fine. i was probably too used to the barricade III's which had much more room for your toes.

Dennis From Madison
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I wear size 10s in Adidas running shoes for years with a wonderfully snug fit but the size 10s for the BIVs was too big. It felt snug at first but there was just too much room in the toe which caused my heel to slide forward. I had to return them. I found it very strange that the tennis shoe would run smaller than the running shoe.

BiGGieStuFF
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I have not tried the BIVs but I had to buy my BIIs half a size bigger.

Same here. Speaking of which I love my BIV's but man they are so unbearable in the summer time. These shoes heat up like no other shoe I've tried on. Is there a summertime shoe anyone can recommend that has similar cushioning and support? I'm willing to sacrifice a little for some breathability during the summer time. During the winter the barricades rock as your feet are actually nice and toasty

oscar_2424
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
ThEY RUN true to their size

Court_Jester
06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Their length fit is true to size but it's more suited for those with narrow feet, hence the need to go half size bigger.

CJ

anonymous2364
06-09-2006, 09:50 AM
mine are ok

diredesire
06-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I actually felt they were too big, i went down a full size compared to my BIIs... weird?

RichCa
06-09-2006, 10:20 AM
I must be weird too. I've always taken size 11 in all the previous barricade models. With the IV's I take a 10.5.

Court_Jester
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
I went to my local sports shop yesterday and unfortunately, they only had size 11.5 in stock (the last one). I tried it anyway and I found that the heel and instep areas felt nice (not snug) but there was almost a 2" extra space in front of my toes. Looks like I have to get a size 10.5, if they ever get them back in stock.

CJ

darkaug
06-09-2006, 10:27 AM
i found them to be narrow . the width fitted me fine , but it was a little too long . seems not so good for me as i have wider feet .

metsjets
06-09-2006, 02:27 PM
slightly narrow, but they'll stretch to the perfect size for me. i'm very glad i got these shoes.

Catalyst
06-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I think I may have ordered a pair from TennisWarehouse that slipped past quality control.

The rubber on the inside of the right shoe pushes down on top of the knuckle/joint where my big toe meets my foot, and causes intense pain, to the point where I can't wear them just walking around, I only use them on the court, and even then I have to mess with it for a while to get the pain bearable. The left one fits fine, and I've never had any other problems with my older barricades(2's and 3's)

I'm wearing 10.5's, and the length/width feels fine, it's just that when the shoe bends, that rubber thing is coming down on my joint. I think Adidas may not have put enough length on the rubber piece when they molded it on.

Do I need 11's? Or is this what I can expect if I get another pair when these wear out?

Thanks, -D

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Post Deleted. This Is Now A Thread.