PDA

View Full Version : Irony of semis of FO.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-07-2006, 12:05 PM
It is interesting to notice that in semis of FO there are 4 people, and all 4 by irony are correspondingly 1-st, 2-nd, 3-d, and 4-th racquets of the world at the moment.

It means rakning works. But I don't remember when else it happened at semis of GS.

norcal
06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Not to hijack your thread Aykhan, but where the hell are Barry and Chadwixx claiming it's all rigged for Nadal and Fed should be playing Ivan and Nadal should be playing Bandy and they need to seed all 128 players so this injustice will never be repeated again!

Oh yeah those theories only apply when Roddick is playing. There's irony for you, Aykhan.

Moose Malloy
06-07-2006, 12:23 PM
But I don't remember when else it happened at semis of GS.

Australia '05.

Not to hijack your thread Aykhan, but where the hell are Barry and Chadwixx claiming it's all rigged for Nadal and Fed should be playing Ivan and Nadal should be playing Bandy and they need to seed all 128 players so this injustice will never be repeated again!

Don't wake them up.

Gazz
06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
It means rakning works. But I don't remember when else it happened at semis of GS.

according to what was said on tv earlier, the last time all 4 of the top 4 seeds made it to the semis at paris was 21 years ago...

Koaske
06-07-2006, 12:38 PM
It means ranking works. But I don't remember when else it happened at semis of GS.

according to what was said on tv earlier, the last time all 4 of the top 4 seeds made it to the semis at paris was 21 years ago...

Well that was the last French Open with all the top seeds in the semis, but the last GS it happened in was Australian Open 05 as Moose Malloy said.

Down_the_line
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, Safin vs. Federer and Hewitt vs. Roddick. Man, I was glad to see that happen and needlesst o say, the Safin/Federer match was a classic. I want to find it on DVD somewhere.

vandercharks
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
The irony is that Ljubicic advanced to the semis here at Roland Garros. BG mentioned during the telescast that Ivan was sub .500 in his career at RG. Ivan benefitted from an easier path especially after Roddick lost in the first round...really opened the draw for him.

The other three were expected...though Nalbandian could have slipped against Gasquet or even Davydenko in the quarters.

The Fed-Rafa final would ideal for Sunday....

LowProfile
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, Ljubicic did not face a single seeded opponent on his path to the semis. He's not getting past Nadal though.

The last time the top 4 seeds made the semis (heck, even the quarters) at Roland Garros was 1985.

Alexandros
06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
What's the irony?