PDA

View Full Version : Which ncode, tour or 95?

Cfidave
07-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Has anyone compared the ncode tour (90) to the ncode 95? I am interested in the difference between the two. They seem to have very similar specs, wondering how they play.

CliffH
07-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Read the other posts. They are done with a lot of care and are very accurate. Here's my sweaty 2 cents worth, as a long time wilson user and racquet nut.

With this said, I have played with both demos for the last 4 days for about 15 hours and one poster said it best: the n90 plays like a 95" and the n95 plays like a 100". The n90 is more solid than other wilson 95s and the n95 is a little less solid than the past 6.1s. Both are the most comfortable frames Wilson may have ever made. :shock:

The n90 is more solid, more control oriented, heavier, more demanding, plows through the ball and is an amazing classic feeling racquet. Something I loved. (old school, eastern+fh, ohbh, still trying)

The n95 is a whippier, lighter feeling, easier to use, modern feeling racquet without the slow swinging, heavy solid control and penetration of the n90. Something my college age son likes. (semiwestfh, 2hbh, killtheballatalltimes)

I am torn between the two as they are both what we were looking for wilson to give us: lighter feeling, comfortable updates to their current player line.

I play with a Prostaff classic6.1, with weight added and played a club match with each n racquet with only a 5 minute warm up.
no problems.

I loved the n90 and had more confidence and power in my shots but scrambled better with the n95 and though hit a lighter ball,
hit a deeper, spinnier ball that could be less taken advantage of.
This is the same comparison I would have with any other two mid95 versus mid+100 frames. How confusing.

My coach says anyone can play with any racquet, it is just a question of technique and how hard you are able to work or want to work: the n90 could be a lot of work, just like any mid series. However, it could have great results, provided their is enough skill and physical strength to go with it. A fun challenge.

Hope other posters comment.

Good luck. These racquets feel very Wilsonish. Enjoy :)

Coda
07-06-2004, 07:33 PM
I ordered demos of both the n6.1 tour and the n6.1 95, should be here tomorrow, I'll get a review of them both sometime in the next few days. By the way, we need to agree on a way to name these rackets, there are a few names and it's kinda confusing. (nCode tour, nCode 95, n6.1 tour, n6.1 95, ncode tour 90, ncode 6.1 95, etc. etc.) I say n6.1 tour and n6.1 95. We just need to come to a general concensus on this! :D

CliffH
07-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Amen Coda