PDA

View Full Version : Switching From Clay to Grass? How?

Serve_n_volley
06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I know players like Roddick who lost early in the French went straight to the grass to start hitting on it, ut what do you players like Federer and Nadal do, who will probably be playing in the final at Roland Garros on Sunday on clay, and then they have to play monday on grass, and they have to travel. How are they able to get there and have time to practice on grass?

tnig469
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
MAGIC :)....ok...federer should already have the feel for it really...i mean he is almost unstoppable on the surface...nadal will have a BIGGGER problem...but they do warm up with tournaments b4 the actual grand slam.....

Serve_n_volley
06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Ya well I know they dont go right into Wimbledon, but even like Queens Club or Halle; theyre still real tournaments, they dont wanna go out and there and suck. They might not be as important as Wimbledon but there still worth points. Do they pull out of the first tournament? Or do they just fly down right away and maybe hit once on the grass and then play?

tnig469
06-07-2006, 08:22 PM
they will have to...they just have to suck it up really...that is why nadal cant really be efficent on the grass...he doesnt play on it except like a month out of the year...its a hard transition...but they rather go out there and suck than just give up

Breaker
06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
they will have to...they just have to suck it up really...that is why nadal cant really be efficent on the grass...he doesnt play on it except like a month out of the year...its a hard transition...but they rather go out there and suck than just give up

:confused: Don't almost all of the other players only play on it one month out of the year also? Or am I missing something..

tnig469
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
:confused: Don't almost all of the other players only play on it one month out of the year also? Or am I missing something..

most...but u know some clay courters will just avoid the grass completely...

Max G.
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
They show up and do their best. That's why it's a warmup tournament and not a Grand Slam.

Rhino
06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Well players like Roddick who exit RG in the first round get an extra two weeks practice on grass as opposed to Nadal who has 6 more (best of 5) claycourt matches to play before he can move to grass.

arosen
06-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Well players like Roddick who exit RG in the first round get an extra two weeks practice on grass as opposed to Nadal who has 6 more (best of 5) claycourt matches to play before he can move to grass.

Ouch. Poor Andy gets no respect these days. He better be playing in another grass final, eh?