PDA

View Full Version : Nadal fans getting worried?

Ultra2HolyGrail
06-07-2006, 09:55 PM
This fed guy seems pretty determined to win this french open. Nalbandian is going to be a big test imo for fed on clay. Nalbandian leads 6-5 but fed has won most of the matches since 2004. I think it will be a battle but i predict fed to win and meet nadal in the final. Who you guys rootin for if they meet? Fed knows winning this french he will be considered GOAT and this tournament he wants to win more than any other tournament he has won imo. He seems on a rampage. I also like the thought of nadal (king of clay) shattering feds hopes to be considered goat. As much as i like feds style i like nadals "heavyweight boxer" type of intimidation and emotion he shows when hes playing, unlike fed shows. Feds like a machine and nadal seems more human.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Fed wont be the goat yet if he wins the French Open, which as much as I hate to say it, he has no chance of doing since Nadal is a lock to win this years French Open. Even in the impossability Fed wins the French Open he is not the goat though. He would have 8 slam titles and all 4 slams in his career. The same accomplishments as Agassi who also has 8 slams and all 4 slams in his career. Yet nobody says Agassi is the goat, an all-time great absolutely, a great great champion absolutely, but no "the GOAT" arguments at all.

OrangeOne
06-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Fed wont be the goat yet if he wins the French Open, which as much as I hate to say it, he has no chance of doing since Nadal is a lock to win this years French Open. Even in the impossability Fed wins the French Open he is not the goat though. He would have 8 slam titles and all 4 slams in his career. The same accomplishments as Agassi who also has 8 slams and all 4 slams in his career. Yet nobody says Agassi is the goat, an all-time great absolutely, a great great champion absolutely, but no "the GOAT" arguments at all.

You seem to be a little confused:

if he (fed) wins the French Open
he (fed) has no chance of doing
Nadal is a lock to win this years French Open
Even in the impossability Fed wins the French Open

So it's definitely possible that fed could maybe but won't be likely win the FO? ;)

Viper
06-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I see a French win in Fed's future.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Even in the impossability Fed wins the French Open
So it's definitely possible that fed could maybe but won't be likely win the FO? ;)

I am a pesstimist when it comes to my favorites alot of the time.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Even in the impossability Fed wins the French OpenSo it's definitely possible that fed could maybe but won't be likely win the FO? ;)

OrangeOne
06-07-2006, 10:46 PM

Which is not a bad thing - at least the combination of someone being a "favourite" and you being "pessimistic" about them may indeed result in you being a "realist", if that makes sense.

I was about to say I wish NadalGirl26 was more of a "realist" when it comes to Nadal, but then again her posts wouldn't be nearly as funny ;)

federerhoogenbandfan
06-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Which is not a bad thing - at least the combination of someone being a "favourite" and you being "pessimistic" about them may indeed result in you being a "realist", if that makes sense.

I was about to say I wish NadalGirl26 was more of a "realist" when it comes to Nadal, but then again her posts wouldn't be nearly as funny ;)

Yeah that makes sense I think. :cool: As for Nadalgirl her posts seem good for a laugh. Hopefully we will all be able to laugh at her after Sunday though.

OrangeOne
06-07-2006, 10:55 PM
As for Nadalgirl her posts seem good for a laugh. Hopefully we will all be able to laugh at her after Sunday though.

Indeed, indeed. Though I somewhat suspect should Fed pull off the upset that I hope he does, NadalGirl may indeed be not to be seen on these boards for some time.

Then again, perhaps that underestimates her tenacity. She's more likely to be here posting conspiracy theories and explaining why he had chosen to focus on Wimbledon instead ;)

VolklVenom
06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Federer will win the French. Mark my words!
He wants this bad, and i can't see him bending to anybody

federerhoogenbandfan
06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Indeed, indeed. Though I somewhat suspect should Fed pull off the upset that I hope he does, NadalGirl may indeed be not to be seen on these boards for some time.

Then again, perhaps that underestimates her tenacity. She's more likely to be here posting conspiracy theories and explaining why he had chosen to focus on Wimbledon instead ;)

LOL! Yes the ATP and the French Open banding together to rob poor Rafa of his prize, everybody so jaded or jealous of his perfect self, but then boasting he will come back to win Wimbledon over Roger.

Feņa14
06-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Yep I also think that Federer will win if he makes it past Nalbandian.

Federer just doesn't lose Grand Slam finals, especially the tournament that would give him his biggest feat to date of holding all 4 slams at once, completing the career Slam, showing he can beat his nemesis in the arena that he has made his own the last few years.

I repeat, if Federer gets to the final he will not lose.

prostaff18
06-08-2006, 06:38 AM
In their last match Fed had match points. You dont get match points by getting beat all over the court. If Fed wants to win he will win, no one can stop him. In the last couple of matches you can see it in Fed's eyes, he wants it and he is willing to do anything to get it.